Oil change CB1100@2013: photos

valkyrie_rider_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Gentlefolks

I just did the first oil change on my new to me CB1100@2013, using Rotella T6 and a Purolator PL14612 oil filter.

Thought that it would be nice to share the photos as it may be helpful for other forum members:
CB1100: first oil change (20,330 miles) · Saturday, Feb 10, 2024 📸
For a pretty affordable (but good) set of JIS screwdrivers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7W...UTF8&psc=1
And here a portable set (made in Japan):
[url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E55DL4I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E55...=UTF8&th=1
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
That is some purdy oil draining from the sump?
Sorry, what do you mean?
:-)
In a side note: a JIS screwdriver will be a perfect fit with a JIS screw (used in Hondas) and wont mar the screw.

A trick to see if it is really a JIS screwdriver is to see if it will fit and *stay* on top of the screw unsupported:


 
I loves my JIS screwdrivers. Had 'em for years, and my brake fluid reservoir screws are flawless.

Speaking of oil, I was going to post a link recently to a listing on Walmart's website for a case of Castrol full synthetic 10/40 for like $43 per case of six, in case anyone likes that brand. But, I think that sold out pretty quickly, as it's up quite a bit higher now.

Nothing like a job well done, eh Valkyrie?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I loves my JIS screwdrivers. Had 'em for years, and my brake fluid reservoir screws are flawless.

Speaking of oil, I was going to post a link recently to a listing on Walmart's website for a case of Castrol full synthetic 10/40 for like $43 per case of six, in case anyone likes that brand. But, I think that sold out pretty quickly, as it's up quite a bit higher now.

Nothing like a job well done, eh Valkyrie?
Yes, sir! My CB1100 seems to running even smoother now with new oil.
:cool:
 
Poking around the Walmart site again, while a case of six quarts of Castrol synthetic 10/40 went up to $65, more than Amazon now, individual bottles were $8.88, still a smokin' deal. I tried buying a few, but no joy, looks like it sold out. Oh well, I just did my change, and have four for next year as well.
 
I didn't know about the JIS screwdrivers until I got on this forum. Been riding and wrenching since 1976. Thanks, guys.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Poking around the Walmart site again, while a case of six quarts of Castrol synthetic 10/40 went up to $65, more than Amazon now, individual bottles were $8.88, still a smokin' deal. I tried buying a few, but no joy, looks like it sold out. Oh well, I just did my change, and have four for next year as well.
By 'merican standards, that sounds expensive.

I used synthetic diesel oil in the CB1100 (MA/MA2 compliant).
 
Whoah Whoah Whoah, stop right there GO. Don't want this to turn into an oil thread.
 
Back
Top