Oil Change 2700 miles

rmack_imp said:
I have watched these oil threads for so long and here is my 2 bobs worth, use Honda hp4 10w 30 and that's it rain hail or shine end of story all this nonsense I here all day long at work plain and simple use hp4.
Weekly we service so many Honda machines from race bikes / mx bikes etc you will find gear changing etc miles ahead with this stuff Honda didn't just decide hay we will sell this stuff and se how it goes
well, that would make for some pretty boring oil threads now, wouldn't it? :rofl:
 
10w30? What? Are you mad? Its 20w50 or nothing. :D
 
_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
Capacity is 5.2
oil change is 4.1
I'm thinking a qt gets hung up in there.
I take it yer using the { after disassembly } spec.
Which means I have to find out how the oil is circulated.
In order for an Oil cooler to be effective it has to circulate the
engine oil.If about a quart remains in the oil cooler unit than
that really screws up using a synthetic.I just got thru buying
4 quarts of Amsoil 10w-40 at the Honda dealer I bought the bike.
It's a newer Amsoil made especially for metrics and wet clutches.
I need this issue addressed.No way can I mix a full synthetic
10w-40 with the assembled 10w-30 petroleum.
1. You're obsessing over nothing.

2. You're believing things you read on the internet.

3. A little knowledge can be dangerous.
 
Lol Foolardi is still irritating people a year after he was banned.
 
Classic,

Foolardi was banned a long time ago...
 
Too good. I guess synthetic blend is a blend of synthetics :)
When I've been low on cash, I've used a ratio of one quart syn to two quarts Dino. Read an ashrae
paper that determined you could still get a lot of benefit from the syn by doing it that way.
I've mixed and matched oils all the time for years with no negatives.
As long as one is using properly rated lubes everything should be fine.
I've even used 0w20 in my '01 FZ1. It's got 70k on it with never an issue. I change oil once a year regardless of miles.
 
Back
Top