Of interest to CBers

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
The new RoadRunner magazine (Feb 15) came in today.

Of particular interest to CBers is next month they are doing a riding impression of the 2013 CB 1100 (why not the 14 model in a 2105 magazine is a question I have..but any press for the CB is good)

2nd.... there is a new dual tone air horn advertised that looks very small and may be a good fit for the CB 1100 for those that want louder horns. Called the "Sound Bomb" at TwistedThrottle.com for $ 44.95. Listed as 120 db at 3 ft? (That's calling it a little close lol)

3rd... For those in the Pacific Northwest there is a tour listed from Washington around the Olympic Peninsula

Another from Arizona and New Mexico

And a third from Minnesota

There is also a test of 6 mini air compressors to carry on your bike for repairing flats including fill times on a flat rear tire on an FJR to 40 PSI.
 
Interesting....I subscribe to the iPad version of RR. For the Jan/Feb issue, they have the tours you describe, but not the CB article. Weird.
 
Thread starter
Its not in this issue ES it's in the NEXT issue (it's listed under the previews for the March/April 15 issue)
 
I saw that too, was a little surprising at first but glad it's the 2013 version. Don't need you 2014 deluxe owners thinking it's the only 1 that should be written about anymore :)
 
Just got my electronic issue. Interesting review, IMO. Almost positive that the author is a contributor to this forum, but it's too early in the morning to put my mind to figuring who.
 
Thread starter
Really? The author is a member here? Cool. I don't do the electronic thing, so waiting for my glossy paper one to arrive in the mail...maybe today?
 
His bike and his jacket look familiar.

Red 2013 w/ABS
Red over black top box
Staintune exhaust
Custom seat
K&N filter

Black leather belted jacket
White full face helmet.

All combine for the "I've seen this guy before" feeling

But then again, I could be wrong.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Really? The author is a member here? Cool. I don't do the electronic thing, so waiting for my glossy paper one to arrive in the mail...maybe today?
I'm with you ferret.
I'm a bit old fashioned and like to kick back in my Lazyboy with a paper magazine in my hands and read it that way.
When I'm finished with it, I recycle my magazines either to the street or to my riding buddies.
 
Ahh..yes...but it's much easier to hide the subscription fees inside our iTunes account so I don't have to explain to my favorite co-rider why we have 5 motorcycle magazines coming to the house each month.
 
I've gone totally electronic. Zinio app and Apple Newsstand. Spending way too much on British motorcycle mags that way.
 
Back
Top