Odd accident (not me)

Chapomis_imp said:
They were mowing the shoulders around Robbinsville during the rally and they shot all the clippings into the streets !
Yes, and wasn't it unnerving?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
They were mowing the shoulders around Robbinsville during the rally and they shot all the clippings into the streets !
Yes, and wasn't it unnerving?
Yes, and wasn't it unnerving?
I didn't like that at all... especially after it rained and the clippings were wet.
 
I was coming over the mountains here in Virginia years ago on route 28 to Luray. I was on the old HD Cafe', not exactly agile, I hit the oil strip in the road at speed and had both tires slide to the outside of the curve with a guardrail and a precipitous drop looming. Just a ten inch or so slide sideways mind you. It scared me so bad that my butt almost inhaled the seat. Thought I was going to need it surgically removed.

That was probably 30 years ago but I still think of it sometimes at night when I am falling asleep and my legs jerk up like a dog dreaming about squirrels.
 
Southwend, it's funny you should mention the phenomenon of recalling 'heroic' moments at the moment you are falling asleep. Back in 1973 I broke my left tibia and fibula when some clown knocked my off a 250 Suzuki. I spent 7 months with my leg in a cast to the crotch. The cast had a rubber stopper-like thing built into it so, in theory at least, I could take some weight on it. At some moment I'd had enough of not being on a bike and a mate offered to take me for a ride on the back of his Honda CB750 Four. Of course I accepted and we proceed with me resting the stopper on the outside of the driver's footpeg.

I can still recall the moment when we shot through a deserted pedestrian underpass when I wondered what would happen if my foot slipped off the outside of the peg. I still recall it "... sometimes at night when I am falling asleep and my legs jerk up like a dog dreaming about ..." possums.
 
Back
Top