Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Instead of paying $35 to $50 for a special flare socket, I have made my own in about 15 minutes.
Using a 17 mm 3/8 drive deep socket bought for $5 at Northern Tools and using painters tape to mark the area to be ground off, which I did with a 4.5 inch angle grinder.
Keep water on hand to cool the socket in between grinding to prevent bluing and losing its temper!!
It works perfectly. A damn sight easier then trying to add the picture for all of you to see my handiwork.

[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/JohnMBHoutman/media/009_zpse41aafac.jpg.html]
Using a 17 mm 3/8 drive deep socket bought for $5 at Northern Tools and using painters tape to mark the area to be ground off, which I did with a 4.5 inch angle grinder.
Keep water on hand to cool the socket in between grinding to prevent bluing and losing its temper!!
It works perfectly. A damn sight easier then trying to add the picture for all of you to see my handiwork.

[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/JohnMBHoutman/media/009_zpse41aafac.jpg.html]
