Number of CB1100s produced

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I was hunting around Honda's Japanese website earlier and discovered a media release from 15 March 2018. Buried in it was a statement that Honda expected to sell 1,800 CB1100s across the 3 models (Std, EX, RS) during 2018. That number was for domestic sale only, so it doesn't help much with working out how many were exported.

I've saved the translated release and attached it.


6536c891adaf1b2d5d99a51ee8bd8c6d.gif
Honda _ Partial change and release of color variations and specifications of the large-scale road sports model _CB 1100_ (Size: 893.48 KB / Downloads: 19)
 
Only 1800 units across the globe, per year or from 2010/...CB 1100 series Total  1,800 units
IMO not enough to support smooth production flow and financial return.
 
I love the monkey tone of silver in underbody. Oh yeah!!
 
Thread starter
Sorry, peterbaron, I should have been clearer. It is 1,800 units for domestic sale. I'll correct the earlier post.
 
Thread starter
Dave, have a read through the document I've posted. It's Google Translate's finest work, so heaven knows what it said in the original.
 
Mabye they make the paint from Silverback Gorillas? :huh:
 
I imagine Japan ( domestic) is their largest market. If they expect to sell less than 2000 units there, I cant imagine how it could be considered a sales flop in this (US) market.
 
Lol Honda would have to go almost out of business to be Moto Guzzi
 
If that were true, who would even bother with aftermarket/custom parts? Look at all that stuff on Samurider, they're not making that kind of stuff for 1800 bikes...
 
Whitehouse has sold 200 units(?) in Japan alone...
"CB1100-base K10 produced in 2010 has been well-received and about 200 of it have been already sold in Japan." (Samurider website)
 
bigsheep_imp said:
If that were true, who would even bother with aftermarket/custom parts? Look at all that stuff on Samurider, they're not making that kind of stuff for 1800 bikes...
As I read it, 1,800 was the number for 2018. The CB1100 has been sold in the Japanese market continuously since 2010 and in most world markets (on and off) since 2013. Who knows what the total number is, but apparently it's enough for a healthy aftermarket.
 
Back
Top