Temporary mod. Actually sounds great & mellows right out @ cruise speeds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhTiGGTgt4&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhTiGGTgt4&sns=em
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
definitely would get people and animals out of the way for sure when you open it.....
Thanks. Too loud for me too. Now, if someone could come up with an exhaust system that sounded like this at idle but got quieter with increased throttle I might be interested.wildezt_imp said:this one below should work oldyaler
thats not too quite at all Fuzzy,rightly said..
but man, that sounds too loud for me...definitely would get people and animals out of the way for sure when you open it.....
![]()
It's a step reducer & turn out. You are correct. Cat takes place of a muffler. It's loud when you want it to be or it will growl when you desire. That's the wife's GT. She has Roush on the 5.0. It really talks. My 69 Camaro has Thorley's & twin FM super 44's. Same with it.ChipBeck_imp said:I like it. I like your Mustang GT too. The catalytic converter acts as a muffler so it's not nearly as loud as straight open pipes would be. I did the same thing on my 2007 Shelby GT car. Removed the mufflers and kept the cats on. It has a really nice sound. Did you make that cat back pipe or did you have it made?
Chip
This won't get ya a trophy in a bike show but if ya need sound I think you'll be pleased. I fired it it without the turnout an it was loud but adding the step down & turnout made it a much better tone.Deftquiver_imp said:I love it!!! That could hold me over until the US develops more of an aftermarket. Details please!?!?
Oh and thank for blazing the way.
Deft
Stock can has 1 5/8" ID inlet. Note it has an upward sweep on header outlet. Let me know what ya find!johnnymac_imp said:What size is the pipe when you take off the muffler? I might get a JC Whitney long megaphone that sits low just to have more room for bags??
Thanks
Thanks, Fuzzy! I had asked on the YouTube comments; didn't realize you'd posted the instructions here. Gonna hit Autozone tomorrow and give it a go this weekend, I hope. I do have a question, though.FUZZY_imp said:It's a step reducer & turn out. You are correct. Cat takes place of a muffler. It's loud when you want it to be or it will growl when you desire. That's the wife's GT. She has Roush on the 5.0. It really talks. My 69 Camaro has Thorley's & twin FM super 44's. Same with it.ChipBeck_imp said:I like it. I like your Mustang GT too. The catalytic converter acts as a muffler so it's not nearly as loud as straight open pipes would be. I did the same thing on my 2007 Shelby GT car. Removed the mufflers and kept the cats on. It has a really nice sound. Did you make that cat back pipe or did you have it made?
Chip
It's not the look @ all I'm going for on the 11. The sound is close & 100 times better than stock.
Whoever made SA comment about sticking to HD's. I've probably modified more types of vehicles in my life than you have seen. I can take criticism all day long. SA attitudes, not.
This won't get ya a trophy in a bike show but if ya need sound I think you'll be pleased. I fired it it without the turnout an it was loud but adding the step down & turnout made it a much better tone.Deftquiver_imp said:I love it!!! That could hold me over until the US develops more of an aftermarket. Details please!?!?
Oh and thank for blazing the way.
Deft
Getcha a 2" turnout exhaust tip, 1 7/8" ID X 1 3/4" OD Exhaust Adapter & a can of VHT Flameproof flat black spray paint.($22.27 @ Autozone) You will have to use hack saw or sawzall to cut small adapter end lenghthwise across opening down to just before transition. Then spread the small end opening until it will slide over stock pipe off collector. I had an extra band clamp to secure this but you can probably use the stock muffler clamp. Then you can position turnout for next step which is to determine where on back of turnout you need to drill for center stand stop bracket. You cam easily make this out of a 1" or 3/4" piece of flat bar. Drill hole in 1 end, come down slightly & put a 90* bend. Hold up to back side of turnout, push down on center stand enough to clear chain + say 1 1/2" & mark turnout to drill. Cut of excess from end of flat bar @ center stand location. You can put or socket head bolt through from inside turnout, through bracket & attach with nyloc nut.

Thanks, Fuzzy! I had asked on the YouTube comments; didn't realize you'd posted the instructions here. Gonna hit Autozone tomorrow and give it a go this weekend, I hope. I do have a question, though.ApathyCurve_imp said:Thanks, Fuzzy! I had asked on the YouTube comments; didn't realize you'd posted the instructions here. Gonna hit Autozone tomorrow and give it a go this weekend, I hope. I do have a question, though.FUZZY_imp said:It's a step reducer & turn out. You are correct. Cat takes place of a muffler. It's loud when you want it to be or it will growl when you desire. That's the wife's GT. She has Roush on the 5.0. It really talks. My 69 Camaro has Thorley's & twin FM super 44's. Same with it.ChipBeck_imp said:I like it. I like your Mustang GT too. The catalytic converter acts as a muffler so it's not nearly as loud as straight open pipes would be. I did the same thing on my 2007 Shelby GT car. Removed the mufflers and kept the cats on. It has a really nice sound. Did you make that cat back pipe or did you have it made?
Chip
It's not the look @ all I'm going for on the 11. The sound is close & 100 times better than stock.
Whoever made SA comment about sticking to HD's. I've probably modified more types of vehicles in my life than you have seen. I can take criticism all day long. SA attitudes, not.
This won't get ya a trophy in a bike show but if ya need sound I think you'll be pleased. I fired it it without the turnout an it was loud but adding the step down & turnout made it a much better tone.Deftquiver_imp said:I love it!!! That could hold me over until the US develops more of an aftermarket. Details please!?!?
Oh and thank for blazing the way.
Deft
Getcha a 2" turnout exhaust tip, 1 7/8" ID X 1 3/4" OD Exhaust Adapter & a can of VHT Flameproof flat black spray paint.($22.27 @ Autozone) You will have to use hack saw or sawzall to cut small adapter end lenghthwise across opening down to just before transition. Then spread the small end opening until it will slide over stock pipe off collector. I had an extra band clamp to secure this but you can probably use the stock muffler clamp. Then you can position turnout for next step which is to determine where on back of turnout you need to drill for center stand stop bracket. You cam easily make this out of a 1" or 3/4" piece of flat bar. Drill hole in 1 end, come down slightly & put a 90* bend. Hold up to back side of turnout, push down on center stand enough to clear chain + say 1 1/2" & mark turnout to drill. Cut of excess from end of flat bar @ center stand location. You can put or socket head bolt through from inside turnout, through bracket & attach with nyloc nut.
Did you tack-weld the turnout to the extension, or does it fit snugly enough to support the stop bracket without welding? I'm concerned about the center stand hitting the bracket and twisting the turnout. Or maybe I'm just not understanding the instructions properly; my better half accuses me of that from time to time.![]()
Uh, doubt you could get away doing this in CA? Maybe that's why you got a "flapper valve". Only thing flappin'n on mine is my bandana tied to my handlebars.lola_imp said:Nice! Want to do this on mine but what do you do with the exhaust flapper/valve?

Yea. No way their worth 1/4 value of the CB though IMHO.HondaHarry_imp said:Have you guys seen the Pipemaster 4 into 4 exhaust system? They sound GR8! BUT they are in Australia! EXPENSIVE 2!