Not so comfortable after few hours

George it's not just Honda. Everyone but probably Moto Guzzi makes crummy stock seats... And windshields. PRobably the two most sought aftermarket items for motorcyclists, no matter what brand or model they ride. Very few after market seats for MotoGuzzi's, but there are some.
 
The ferret_imp said:
George it's not just Honda. Everyone but probably Moto Guzzi makes crummy stock seats... And windshields. PRobably the two most sought aftermarket items for motorcyclists, no matter what brand or model they ride. Very few after market seats for MotoGuzzi's, but there are some.
You are totally correct. My older-than-me riding friend complains about his BMW stock seats. I sat on the new 300 single cylinder Rebel and my seat went straight to the pan. Terrible.

4 day ride coming up Thursday.

George
Arizona
 
The ferret_imp said:
George it's not just Honda. Everyone but probably Moto Guzzi makes crummy stock seats... And windshields. PRobably the two most sought aftermarket items for motorcyclists, no matter what brand or model they ride. Very few after market seats for MotoGuzzi's, but there are some.
My Moto Guzzi Breva was the only bike I've owned that had a near perfect seat; all day comfy and perfectly shaped. The two V-stroms that Pam had, the seats were fair, better than the CB anyway.
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
So my last couple bikes have been cruisers and I was getting tired of the feet forward position. Really loved the idea of the cb1100 since it came out here. I've been doing a lot of commuting on the bike without noticing much discomfort, but spent a lot more time in the saddle yesterday. Noticed a kind of burning pain in my left shoulder, like on the back side. Also butt was getting pretty tired. What position needs to be adjusted to help with the shoulder pain? Bars too close? Too far? I have the levers set so my hands fall naturally to them and everything. Maybe I'm just not used to this riding position yet.
Having a GoldWing, no matter what I change on the CB1100 its just not gonna feel like my Road Sofa. LoL
 
memphismike_imp said:
ryanschillinger_imp said:
So my last couple bikes have been cruisers and I was getting tired of the feet forward position. Really loved the idea of the cb1100 since it came out here. I've been doing a lot of commuting on the bike without noticing much discomfort, but spent a lot more time in the saddle yesterday. Noticed a kind of burning pain in my left shoulder, like on the back side. Also butt was getting pretty tired. What position needs to be adjusted to help with the shoulder pain? Bars too close? Too far? I have the levers set so my hands fall naturally to them and everything. Maybe I'm just not used to this riding position yet.
Having a GoldWing, no matter what I change on the CB1100 its just not gonna feel like my Road Sofa. LoL
Having a GoldWing, no matter what I change on the CB1100 its just not gonna feel like my Road Sofa. LoL
I just put a corbin seat and new handlebars with more pullback. You are right, Mike, it still is not like my 1994 shadow vt1100. But it does perform better

George
 
Corbin seats seem to generally get the nod. However, 90 to 120 minutes on the stock seat seems pretty typical for many human riders. By then, it is time for gas, water and pee anyway. :)
 
Back
Top