Not much of a mod ....

warman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I broke down and put some highway pegs on my CB. Of all the little farkles I’ve done so far this has to be the most beneficial.

I’ve been plagued by pain and comfort issues since returning to riding two years ago. First the seat limited me to only thirty minutes before I would get uncomfortable. Replaced the seat. Then the sciatic nerve pain from a tennis injury would start bothering me at about forty five minutes. My right leg just couldn’t stay in that position very long.

Yesterday I rode an hour and a half. Not much I know, but a huge improvement for me. Now if it would just stop raining...


ef1ada14f03f35be8ebd157bd9bfceb3.jpeg
 
Look quite functional warman. Glad they help you enjoy your CB
 
warman_imp said:
I broke down and put some highway pegs on my CB. Of all the little farkles I’ve done so far this has to be the most beneficial.

I’ve been plagued by pain and comfort issues since returning to riding two years ago. First the seat limited me to only thirty minutes before I would get uncomfortable. Replaced the seat. Then the sciatic nerve pain from a tennis injury would start bothering me at about forty five minutes. My right leg just couldn’t stay in that position very long.

Yesterday I rode an hour and a half. Not much I know, but a huge improvement for me. Now if it would just stop raining...


ef1ada14f03f35be8ebd157bd9bfceb3.jpeg
That is without an engine guard?

I really like that solution warman. Can I ask where did you source those pegs?
 
Frulk_imp said:
Warman....how about a pic of that foot peg folded up?
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Warman....how about a pic of that foot peg folded up?
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Long-Adjus...020637?hash=item3fb9e9661d:g:3NYAAOSwtO5XIvbp
 
warman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Warman....how about a pic of that foot peg folded up?
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Long-Adjus...020637?hash=item3fb9e9661d:g:3NYAAOSwtO5XIvbp
A seller's URL would be handy too so one doesn't have to guess fitment and so on. Yours works, so that part of the risk is removed. Thanks Warman.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Long-Adjus...020637?hash=item3fb9e9661d:g:3NYAAOSwtO5XIvbp
Thanks Warman. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Warman....how about a pic of that foot peg folded up?
8d868cc6f5a2fdd12ae87fefb2407386.jpeg


Funny thing is I bought the cb thinking it would be the most comfortable. After a few thousand miles I’m starting to wonder if I’d be more comfortable on a cruiser.
 
warman_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Warman....how about a pic of that foot peg folded up?
8d868cc6f5a2fdd12ae87fefb2407386.jpeg


Funny thing is I bought the cb thinking it would be the most comfortable. After a few thousand miles I’m starting to wonder if I’d be more comfortable on a cruiser.
In my case, I will agree that some cruisers are indeed more comfortable than the CB1100 and I can see why you would say that.

However, the CB handling for all-round use appears superior. Whether than means country-bumpkin flings or U-turns in downtown Toronto - the CB works well. In addition, I do like the freeway manners of the CB.
 
what pegs are those warman?
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Thanks Warman, interesting mod. My only concern would be whether the brackets mark up the frame tube.
I worried about that also but then the bike isn’t doing me much good if I couldn’t ride it anymore than 45 minutes without wanting to get off of it. Not only that, the sciatic nerve pain was distracting me from paying attention to my riding. Almost like a muscle cramp. It’s no fun getting old.
 
warman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Thanks Warman, interesting mod. My only concern would be whether the brackets mark up the frame tube.
I worried about that also but then the bike isn’t doing me much good if I couldn’t ride it anymore than 45 minutes without wanting to get off of it. Not only that, the sciatic nerve pain was distracting me from paying attention to my riding. Almost like a muscle cramp. It’s no fun getting old.
Is there room with those brackets to line them with some inner tube rubber to prevent damage?
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
warman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Thanks Warman, interesting mod. My only concern would be whether the brackets mark up the frame tube.
I worried about that also but then the bike isn’t doing me much good if I couldn’t ride it anymore than 45 minutes without wanting to get off of it. Not only that, the sciatic nerve pain was distracting me from paying attention to my riding. Almost like a muscle cramp. It’s no fun getting old.
Is there room with those brackets to line them with some inner tube rubber to prevent damage?
Is there room with those brackets to line them with some inner tube rubber to prevent damage?
Some other brands include the rubber lining, however, I reckon they make the clamp less effective when mounted on a frame member that runs horizontal to the road.

If the bracket was mounted vertically on, say a tube-based engine guard, then the tendency for the mount to "rotate" is much less because the weight of your leg/foot is mostly in the direction of gravity.

Anyway, that is my currently working view.

I suspect mounting them directly on a horizontal frame member will bite into the enamel, but in return it is less likely to rotate downward. Of course, issues arise in terms of rust forming under the bracket, and some bozo standing on the footrest and essentially stripping the bracket grip on the enameled frame member.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
warman_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Thanks Warman, interesting mod. My only concern would be whether the brackets mark up the frame tube.
I worried about that also but then the bike isn’t doing me much good if I couldn’t ride it anymore than 45 minutes without wanting to get off of it. Not only that, the sciatic nerve pain was distracting me from paying attention to my riding. Almost like a muscle cramp. It’s no fun getting old.
Is there room with those brackets to line them with some inner tube rubber to prevent damage?
Is there room with those brackets to line them with some inner tube rubber to prevent damage?
Some other brands include the rubber lining, however, I reckon they make the clamp less effective when mounted on a frame member that runs horizontal to the road.

If the bracket was mounted vertically on, say a tube-based engine guard, then the tendency for the mount to "rotate" is much less because the weight of your leg/foot is mostly in the direction of gravity.

Anyway, that is my currently working view.

I suspect mounting them directly on a horizontal frame member will bite into the enamel, but in return it is less likely to rotate downward. Of course, issues arise in terms of rust forming under the bracket, and some bozo standing on the footrest and essentially stripping the bracket grip on the enameled frame member.
I see your point but I wonder how much it would matter. Using them as a foot rest should be less stress than a normal foot peg although I suppose a good jolt from a bump could be enough.

Just thinking out loud here..... lol
 
Back
Top