Charlie Bravo_imp
Road warrior
This has gone round and round my circle of riders. "Your a wuss if you don't ride in the rain!"
Why would I do that when I have a car? There was a time, back in the day, when I didn't have a running car, and wouldn't you know, SoCal set a record for rain that season, and I got soaked many times for not having really proper rain gear, just a nylon windbreaker and plastic bread bags over my feet under the boots. I ride for fun, not transportation. I don't commute on the bike, either, but do ride one day a week, Wednesdays. It's easy to avoid rain in SoCal so there's no reason I would have to ride in rain now.
Why would I do that when I have a car? There was a time, back in the day, when I didn't have a running car, and wouldn't you know, SoCal set a record for rain that season, and I got soaked many times for not having really proper rain gear, just a nylon windbreaker and plastic bread bags over my feet under the boots. I ride for fun, not transportation. I don't commute on the bike, either, but do ride one day a week, Wednesdays. It's easy to avoid rain in SoCal so there's no reason I would have to ride in rain now.