NOT a fair weather rider lol

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Day started out riding a Honda

b2677d3d39f13f54540103312d2fc896.jpg


Ended up riding a Yamaha

7f1280fe190e90c0c4a5d457c942f840.jpg


d55ccb8e7a39f3f8fcdcb4305f8f0320.jpg


0269dad3599f83dae649ceafba43e789.jpg


2f779387e474e862b5671c75d8bf35bc.jpg


82e5366658462b3aee192d3fe1c06f70.jpg


When I got home my wife said (excitedly) "Was that fun? Bet that was fun. Wish I had been with you"!

That's my girl!
 
Thread starter
There wasn't much risk. Temp got up to 37 and all the snow had melted by the time I took off. Roads were wet but not slick. About 25 miles into my ride, it started flurrying. Its really fun to ride then. The snow coming at you make it look like you are in the Mellenium Falcon jumping into warp drive. In conditions like these I stick to state routes which are usually flatter, straighter and with higher pavement temps. Even in the curves I had to ride to get home, there was never a moment when it felt the least bit slippery. Felt like a normal ride.
 
Wipers needed. I have special kit for FJR, want it?
If you are not afraid of this driving condition, visit GO, Alain++ and me in Toronto. Feel invited ....
Ferret : weather terrorists = 1 : 0
:)
 
Too cool and
Very inspiring to see, Thanks for the post.

Here's me with the "all weather" front-end, sitting on the couch for the weekend........

ACK
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Too cool and
Very inspiring to see, Thanks for the post.

Here's me with the "all weather" front-end, sitting on the couch for the weekend........

ACK
lol great name for that front end. Ack is it even possible to "lose" the front end on a Niken?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Too cool and
Very inspiring to see, Thanks for the post.

Here's me with the "all weather" front-end, sitting on the couch for the weekend........

ACK
lol great name for that front end. Ack is it even possible to "lose" the front end on a Niken?
"Turns have no seasons"
Is Yamaha's catch phrase for it.
80% more grip of whatevers there. You can lose it but it comes later on two wheels.
Crash test:

Time to finish my nap now........

ACK
 
Thread starter
fun video. Thanks for posting
 
Great video, Ack. Thanks. Good to know ‘it works’.
 
I admire the fortitude ferrett but just the temperature is enough to keep me in my nice comfy and warm cage. Riding weather is coming soon enough.....I can smell it!
 
My wife would have said, “You’re nuts” and she will undoubtedly say just that sometime in the next few weeks. I think it’s just a shorter version of what your wife said minus the “Wish I was with you” portion.

Great pics. You look gentle enough, but you’re pretty darn tough... kinda like that cute, furry animal? You know the one: Small. Sharp teeth. Good hunters. The name will come to me....
 
Thread starter
another rain bath for the FJR this morning on my daughters 45th birthday. Dang, how did she get that old? lol

98e073e6b3dd086b7e2275a2f3c1bef9.jpg
 
Thread starter
They are predicting 1 1/2-2 1/2 inches of rain here for tonight/tomorrow. If that becomes your snow GO you won't be dug out until March. That would be over 2' of snow!
 
Back
Top