Norton Commandos

It's a beauty! The rear tire to fender gap looks more like what you'd find on a mono shock suspension.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Those ARE real? I thought they were only rumors.

Next your going to tell me Motus' really exist.
 
Thread starter
Hey Ferret - in terms of the stock Commandos, yes. I asked permission to photograph them. :)

It was a strange sight in a Suzuki warehouse. I was told they were about $22K US each.

Can't comment on Motus, but any new motorcycle manufacturer with origins in North America would be a plus for all riders.

- - -

Jonny: It takes nerve (or maybe as implied, $$) to customize a Commando as you shared. I think I prefer the stock look.
 
Those stock bikes are gorgeous.
 
Jonny: It takes nerve (or maybe as implied, $$) to customize a Commando as you shared. I think I prefer the stock look.
[/QUOTE]

G.O.;

When I seemed to hear the rider say there were 5 like this I just assumed maybe it was a deal like Buel w/Harley, only on a micro-scale: some well-to-do dudes or dudettes/venture capitalists with a passion for the line.

The sight of the clip-ons probably sent my little gray cells into a state of speedy disinterest after appreciating the rest of the machining and detailing.
 
Thread starter
Happy New Year Jonny -

Yeah, I believe these Nortons are hand built, so their production numbers would be low and people remember that as a key figure, especially owners. The clip-ons would probably do the same to me. Kinda similar to an old 50's Chevy-anything in restored stock condition until you see the dashboard and it is some retro-LED display. Not against that in most cases, but the mind wasn't expecting it.
 
Back
Top