Non-US Market Accessories

shdwghst457_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I followed a link to the Japanese Honda site to view the factory top case for the CB1100, and noticed that they also carry a GPS unit for it (Gathers M G3). Japan also has the Type II handlebars; what other goodies are we missing out on in the US? Here we only have the gold fork bolts, chrome headlight housing, chrome gauge housing, heated grips, tank pad and rear carrier.
 
Wonder what that ETC unit is for on the list of accessories? The member from Osaka has one on his bike...

I should have googled before posting... Electronic toll collection. I remember seeing them in the cabs when I was in Japan.


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
dBuster_imp said:
Wonder what that ETC unit is for on the list of accessories? The member from Osaka has one on his bike...

I should have googled before posting... Electronic toll collection. I remember seeing them in the cabs when I was in Japan.


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dang, I hate being the dumb one all the time..what is an etc unit?
 
I'm pretty sure the ETC unit is a kind of Japanese toll road transponder. That would make sense that they'd only offer it in Japan.
 
Thread starter
So (not including the ETC, which is brilliant in its applicable market) they have a top case and bike locks that use the ignition key (Honda 1-Key), engine guards, navigation, and the accoutrement they offer us here (heated grips, tank pad, rear carrier and gold bolts). There also seems to be some electronic security system, perhaps an ignition disabler? Honda 二輪純正アクセサリー
 
The ferret_imp said:
dBuster_imp said:
Wonder what that ETC unit is for on the list of accessories? The member from Osaka has one on his bike...

I should have googled before posting... Electronic toll collection. I remember seeing them in the cabs when I was in Japan.


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dang, I hate being the dumb one all the time..what is an etc unit?

Dang, I hate being the dumb one all the time..what is an etc unit?
I had answered it in my post...

Electronic toll collection





Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
shdwghst457_imp said:
So (not including the ETC, which is brilliant in its applicable market) they have a top case and bike locks that use the ignition key (Honda 1-Key), engine guards, navigation, and the accoutrement they offer us here (heated grips, tank pad, rear carrier and gold bolts). There also seems to be some electronic security system, perhaps an ignition disabler? Honda 二輪純正アクセサリー
Regarding the locks, there is another thread in the forum that talks about these locks and how to determine which key setup you may have. If your thinking about one of the locks I recommend searching for that thread and reading up.


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
And I still have the keying instructions (translated from Kanji) that one of the members sent if needed.

Also, the rubber O-ring that holds the U-lock in place is not included. You will have to order it too if you want it. The part number is posted somewhere on the board, or I'm sure the Mr. Takashi will know what it is.
 
I ordered the lock, the key cylinder and rubber o-ring in Dec from Mr. T. Just ask him for what I ordered and you will be good to go. Or pm me and I will look to see if I have the order details


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top