Nojima 4-into-1 installed today

Inline4_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The weather finally got right here today so I installed the Nojima exhaust.
First of all, I was shocked just how light the system is. Even when I picked it up at the post office my first thought was that it couldn't all be in that one box. I figured it was a split shipment. But nope, it was all there, all 3lbs of her! :D J/K of course, but the system is surprisingly light.
Once I got everything moved from the dining room to the garage (Yea, I'm a bachelor! :D ) I was a bit worried that I would have trouble with the installation because the instructions were in Japanese. As it turned out, the whole install took maybe 90 minutes. The biggest pita was getting the nuts started on the exhaust studs for the the middle 2 cylinders. That's it!
I rolled her off the lift table and with fingers crossed I hit the starter button. Being a Honda, of course she fired right up! It surprised me how much quieter it was that the Yosh RS-3. My first thought was "Oh Crap! This is not what I wanted!" But those concerns went away as soon as I got it on the highway and could run it up close to redline while going through the gears. Under load and in the upper rpm ranges it sounds like a GP bike! I definitely had a big smile on my face after the initial run. :thumbsup:
There is a paper-type baffle in the mid-pipe that could easily drilled through or even removed for a much more throaty and loud exhaust note.
BUT, the main reason I bought this system is the looks. Its the only thing I could find that was reminiscent of the 80s style Kerker and V&H systems.......and I am NOT disappointed! This exhaust is stunning, from the craftsmanship to the appearance. I couldn't be happier! :celebrate:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/913x685q90/673/kDMbdD.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/913x685q90/661/uTMWX7.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/913x685q90/673/nQCuBs.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/913x685q90/537/AAVvZa.jpg
Crap! Sorry guys, I just don't get it. For some reason I can't copy the images to this forum. I have no problem posting images from ImageShack on other forums like advrider and cbr1100xx.org :s
 
I wonder how this would look on the black standard.

I've been holding off on an exhaust system till I find the right look / feel / sound. This one seems to fit the bill. Where did you order it from?
 
Nice looking pipe Inline4

9241025d69a6f99b9a12293249c077b2.jpg


ea3908ab18818d23b5ffbc6f79c85638.jpg


c7ea332e8f9888a3b41bda6204a574cb.jpg


cfb1541cb28f3f227bf958a68d4ce9de.jpg


Edit: If you click "Reply" to this post, you should be able to see how I've got your pictures to display—enclosing them in IMG tags. PM me if you want more help.
 
That is a very clean looking pipe. Nice choice. Congrats.
 
Inline if you get a chance weigh the stock header pipes and cat just for future reference. I assume you did not actually weigh the Nojima system
 
Man, that exhaust looks really nice (the last photo is a real money shot). Does it have to be repacked after time or is it maintenance free?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Inline if you get a chance weigh the stock header pipes and cat just for future reference. I assume you did not actually weigh the Nojima system
No, I didn't weigh the Nojima. Wish I had though. I just got on the scales (Thanks, Mickey! :blush: ) and the header pipe and muffler weigh 23lbs. It seems the muffler/canister alone weigh more than the complete Nojima.
I'm going to send Takashi a couple pics and ask him if he can find out just what the unpackaged Nojima weighs. Will report back. :thumbsup:
redbirds_imp said:
Looks good and you were able to keep the center stand.
Indeed! The install would have taken a bit longer IF I had installed the Nojima center stand bracket. The Yoshi piece worked just fine! I had the bike on a lift table so the stand was up. I will eventually replace the Yoshi bracket with the Nojima, but hey it worked and I was itching to ride!!! :thumbsup: :biker:
 
several people have weighed the stock muffler and it weighs 9 1/2 pounds. ...so that must make the headers and cat 13 1/2 pounds.
 
Back
Top