No more snow on the roads

Delphisa

Running like a top
Thread starter
Yesterday was not yet a very nice day for riding, as winter is still here -no more in the valley, but on every surrounding mountains. But as a historical reconstitution, a 200th year anniversary, was organized not far from Grenoble, we decided to go out and joint the event with the CB1100.
So the goal of the ride was Laffrey, 1000 m altitude. We found the snow on the countrysides, but now roads are quite clear and dry. Good!

A little bit cold when arrived in Laffrey area
ff0640ae033a9f9ead7b5ad94c3a82e3.JPG


About 5 or 10 thousand spectators for the "rencontre" reconstitution (only a little part on this picture). Being there with the bike instead of the car gave a much easier way for finding parking!
b6ef69cfe899a80d44185b3e6ed502f5.jpg

North side : Royalist troop
e8567c4fea8cef31bc541a9fe6fd89c0.jpg

South side : Napoleon troop

c8e0828b0988b3517efc92859ac71cb1.jpg

Happy end : no gun shot on this event - royalist troop rendered to Napoleon... It seems this guy had a very special charisma
8e639dc130707b5bfb825926a5b97fd6.jpg


Frozen lakes all around
16fdcf3045b1b502be925a19337ddf2f.JPG

Strangely, no one using the pique-nique tables on the Pierre-Chatel rest area... ;)
56a66a8e0332eb4d5e255ea1d7f56bee.JPG


An other place I like in this area, is the "Pierre Percée" (rock arch)
feb2ebc1c2e0a2dac109db9f753c0f7e.JPG

When sky is really blue this picture is better. But we have to take the weather as it is, don't we?
a1d7c2efef79c0805a2b10ede3107e7a.JPG


At last, an other large viewpoint on the road back to Grenoble
403817bd0f096ea627cd096356e0d41e.JPG

cd7833f4deb9cda2f6d80071e3aa036f.JPG


Eventually, one more nice day riding with th CB1100 :cool:

Some more photos of the day (and larger size) : follow this link picasa Laffrey 2015-0307 album
 
Great pictures Delphisa. I find the last one stunning. Beautiful country and motorcycle. Good combination.

I like your white full face helmets. Think I will get one.
 
Stunning scenery, beautiful pix...and, needless to say, nice bike. The roads have cleared here, but lots of snow on the ground and even on the beach. Mini- rivers running across the roads here and there from snow melt. I took out my Swiss Army bike today for a 50 mile loop, and at 45 degrees, with proper gear, it was nice. .
 
Great report and pictures Delphissa. Around Grenoble looks like a fabulous place to ride.

Nice pics, Capo. So glad I seldom have to ride near snow.
 
Wonderful pictures. The reenactment was great. Love the uniforms. And the mountains? Simply spectacular!

The 2013 CB1100 in the white is a real beauty. I will bookman your Picasa web page for later viewing. Outstanding job!!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the comments :rolleyes:

The ferret_imp said:
Great pictures Delphisa. I find the last one stunning. Beautiful country and motorcycle. Good combination.

I like your white full face helmets. Think I will get one.
Yes I like the simple white helmet paint. These are Nolan N63, not high end of the market but it does the job, comfort and protection. Not very good sonic insulation, so you easily think of the speed: when too much noise, maybe you're off limits...:P
 
Back
Top