Night riding - the little things

ThomWill_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just got back from a quick 50 mile jaunt on local roads. Met the wife for coffee and pie at a favorite diner which meant riding the rest of the way home in the dark. The gauges on this thing are simply perfect. Well placed and easy to read, but also sumptuously lit and just plain beautiful. Even if you never do any night riding, go out to the garage and light them up in the dark... it is easy to forget how many fine touches there are on these machines. :)
 
You know, I don't do much riding at night. Just doesn't happen often, not that I am opposed to riding at night. I'm just usually in and off the bike by the time it gets dark. I have no idea what my gauges look like in the dark, but you make me want to go for a night ride just so I can see them.
 
I enjoy a fair amount of night riding. After the family is down it's a great way to unwind. I love the gauges on the CB - just right for both day and night. This being my first bike with a digital anything, I'm enjoying how the LCD is perfectly visible in direct sunlight and magically turns into an agreeable shade of night-vision preserving blue after dark.
 
Rode mine after dark a few weeks ago and you're so right about the instrument lighting. Well done Honda, and the headlight is good also albeit not quite as good as the wife's V-strom.
 
I've never ridden mine at night either. I'm going to have to check it out in the garage tonight.
 
I love night riding. So calming. The headlight and the instrument gauges are indeed very effective at night!
 
I love night riding too, although I rarely do it these days. I've been on the CB at night a couple of times and the instruments are great.
 
More expensive luxury cars have headlights that turn in the direction you are steering. The CB comes with that standard!

Seriously, the headlight on this bike is really quite good. I haven't seen a need to replace it with a brighter/colored one, except to make me stand out at night. That and adding some more reflectivity. I ride quite a bit at night.
 
Obliviontoad_imp said:
More expensive luxury cars have headlights that turn in the direction you are steering. The CB comes with that standard!

Seriously, the headlight on this bike is really quite good. I haven't seen a need to replace it with a brighter/colored one, except to make me stand out at night. That and adding some more reflectivity. I ride quite a bit at night.
Yeah, but when you counter steer to turn, the headlight points in the other direction :P
 
No car + shift work = lots of night riding. Sometimes if I need to wind down after a busy shift ill just go for a nice long night ride. Very little traffic and very peaceful!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oboro_imp said:
I love night riding. So calming. The headlight and the instrument gauges are indeed very effective at night!
+1 - I love the solace of night riding, it's almost meditative

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Obliviontoad_imp said:
More expensive luxury cars have headlights that turn in the direction you are steering. The CB comes with that standard!

Seriously, the headlight on this bike is really quite good. I haven't seen a need to replace it with a brighter/colored one, except to make me stand out at night. That and adding some more reflectivity. I ride quite a bit at night.
My cheap 2012 Mazda has those!
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Obliviontoad_imp said:
More expensive luxury cars have headlights that turn in the direction you are steering. The CB comes with that standard!

Seriously, the headlight on this bike is really quite good. I haven't seen a need to replace it with a brighter/colored one, except to make me stand out at night. That and adding some more reflectivity. I ride quite a bit at night.
Yeah, but when you counter steer to turn, the headlight points in the other direction :P
Yeah, but when you counter steer to turn, the headlight points in the other direction :P
Only for a moment until equilibrium is countered, and then the the wheel points in the direction of travel as the bike leans over. And it doesn't matter if you counter-steer or lean the bike or what, that's how it turns. Wait, maybe we can turn this into a motorcycle steering thread!
 
When you're cranked over in a turn, the light pattern is all wrong and visibility into the turn is compromised. Only BMW I believe has actually addressed this with their K1600GL and it's tilt controlled headlight which keeps the light level and aimed into the turn.
 
Ok guys, be dark in about an hour. When it gets dark i'm going for a ride, just to look at the instruments lol
 
Hardly ever ride at nighttime, to many dangers. When things go wrong they go wrong fast at nighttime. But the bike seem to to run a lot better, probably has to do with the cooler denser air.
 
Back
Top