Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
From pictures it was to me as well untill I saw one in person & thru a leg over it. It just looks plain mean!The Spaceman_imp said:I know the Diavel is an awesome bike from a technical and performance perspective, but damn it's ugly. It looks like a dog that's been chasing parked cars.
Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone said my VStrom was butt-ugly...I thought it looked ok.
Lol! I find beauty in most motorcycles. But sometimes I do have to squint and tilt my head side ways to actually see the beauty. However the Diavel looks nice to me...The Spaceman_imp said:I know the Diavel is an awesome bike from a technical and performance perspective, but damn it's ugly. It looks like a dog that's been chasing parked cars.
Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone said my VStrom was butt-ugly...I thought it looked ok.
Just looking right now. If I do decide to get one I will probably replace. I hold no sentimental attachments. I have enjoyed every bike I have ever owned. I have had 4 @ one time. I learned it's hard enough to find time to ride 1 much less 2-4. Until I get a grin from another the CB fits the bill for now.The Spaceman_imp said:So are you thinking about replacing the CB, or adding a Diavel to go along with it?
I hear you. That's why I sold the ZRX. Crazy fast & front was real light. I rode the Ducati. It has different ride modes you can select. The Urban 100hp mode is pretty tame while being extremely torquee @ same time. Very comfortable, sounds mean, sit down in the bike, corners great, brakes amazing, suspension firm but good & # 1 reason I like is it somewhat hides my tool shed with seating position.The Spaceman_imp said:I like the CB because it encourages responsible behavior. I have a personality defect that causes me to exploit high-performance bikes irresponsibly. When I had a VFR and later a CBR1000RR I was constantly "cruising" at ridiculous speeds. The bike liked it, I liked it, the cops did not. I barely escaped jail and impoundment a couple of times.
The CB reminds me of the Subie BRZ: you can have a blast with the BRZ at legal speeds without endangering life, property, or license.

Isn't that a cuss? At my age, (50ish) and with a perfect driving record, any high performance bike I priced insurance for was thousands. GEICO initially priced the CB in that segment. It wasn't until I got a supervisor on the line to look at the bike on Honda's website that I was able to get the premium down from a couple thousand to a couple hundred. Insurance for bikes in FL is optional if you don't finance, but who wants to risk $10k or more?FUZZY_imp said:After further research, Not! Over 2K a year more for insurance.![]()
My next door neighbor has a one-owner Ninja ZXR which he has put 120,000 miles on and by now the bike is pretty ragged, so he took a test ride on the Diavel and he absolutely loved the bike. The purchase is on hold, though, because the all-in expense (purchase, insurance, Ducati maintenance) is pretty high.DAC_imp said:My brother bought one of those about a month ago. He can't say enough about it. I personally would go more for the Multistrada which I tested the same time he tested the Diavel. The Multi is like riding a trail bike on steroids: light, highly responsive and power all over the place.
Hmmm. Maybe it's time for another visit to see baby brother?
My next door neighbor has a one-owner Ninja ZXR which he has put 120,000 miles on and by now the bike is pretty ragged, so he took a test ride on the Diavel and he absolutely loved the bike. The purchase is on hold, though, because the all-in expense (purchase, insurance, Ducati maintenance) is pretty high.cb400four_imp said:My next door neighbor has a one-owner Ninja ZXR which he has put 120,000 miles on and by now the bike is pretty ragged, so he took a test ride on the Diavel and he absolutely loved the bike. The purchase is on hold, though, because the all-in expense (purchase, insurance, Ducati maintenance) is pretty high.DAC_imp said:My brother bought one of those about a month ago. He can't say enough about it. I personally would go more for the Multistrada which I tested the same time he tested the Diavel. The Multi is like riding a trail bike on steroids: light, highly responsive and power all over the place.
Hmmm. Maybe it's time for another visit to see baby brother?