New Vanson Jacket

drodg33

Been there
Thread starter
After a long process I finally bought a jacket. It is a new Vanson Road King. It is a waxed cotton jacket with full body armor. I really like it and the fit is just right. I don't think it is too snug to ride with a Gerbing liner. I rode Thursday in the mid 60's and the jacket feels like it will be comfortable up to about the mid 70's.
 
Thread starter
Thank you! The stripes and Vanson emblem are done in leather. I like the fact that it has venting which most of the waxed cotton jackets do not have. The jacket is made in the USA and it is very good quality.
 
Nice. I love Vanson stuff. It's hard to find classic or retro style jackets that actually have proper motorcycle design features and armour in them.
 
How abrasion resistant is waxed cotton?
 
Thread starter
I really debated on the wax cotton vs cordura thing. I basically would not have bought a waxed cotton jacket without armor. I finally decided on the jacket because I figured my riding consists of rides that are sub 60 mph and with the armor I would think the jacket will hold up for one spill at least. I have my Aerostitch jacket for high speed rides but I wanted something for my typical back road rides that I do today. I think if I were doing interstate rides etc I would use leather or cordura. I have a daily jacket for fall/winter that is waxed cotton (non motorcycle) it is a Barbour and I love it. Very easy maintenance and pretty much water proof or at least resistant. My grand kids have a Bernese Mountain Dog that slobbers all of the time and it is the perfect jacket to play with him in and then rinse the jacket down. It looks new after just a water rinse. Thanks Cormanus for your link also.
 
So. What I hope for is a Kevlar lined waxed cotton jacket with armor. That said, I understand how you use this jacket, drog, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it myself if I were using it for the same purposes. Saving my $$ for a beer growler and tires/brakes for my bike right now, though.
 
Thread starter
Well that would be ideal with kevlar but I love the fit of this jacket and I do like waxed cotton. Quality is superb. Thanks Empty Sea and I am sure like me you are loving the warm weather we are having here in Chicago! Not!
 
Back
Top