New (to me) 2014 DLX on the way...

BayAreaRick_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Purchased a 2014 CB1100 DLX in New York and shipping to California. So far:
7/20 - Picked Up in New Hyde Park, NY
7/21 - MONROE TWP, NJ (Checked In)
7/24 - COLUMBUS, OH (Checked In)
7/26 - SAN JOSE, CA (Checked In) --> only 30 miles away!!!
:biker:
Shipping Broker: Federal Motorcycle Transport, strapped to a pallet
This is getting exciting...
 
Congrats! Those of us also in the market would be interested to know what you paid for the bike, and how much shipping cost you, if you'd care to share...
 
Congrats, you will love it. It amazes me people do this. I'm so old school (really just old).
 
Congratulations BayAreaRick. Looking forward to hearing more about your new bike. When will it arrive on your doorstep?
 
Thread starter
Bought it from a Dealer in NY. 1,927 miles on ODO, 30+ Hi-Rez Pics, 30-day warranty, prior owner traded it in. Paid $7.600, dealer covered more than 1/2 of shipping costs, FYI - it costs ~$200 more shipped from Long Island, NY and many shippers won't even go into the 5 boroughs (Haul-Bikes charges $300 more from Long Island, that's $450+$300). They cite access and all the toll-roads. All-in shipping NY -> CA $644.

(Estimated delivery 7/27-8/4; believe it's coming on Thursday/Friday 7/28-7/29 as it's now just 30 miles away)

EDITORIAL:
I joined this group in 2013, but I just couldn't get my arms around paying $11,900 + fees in 2014. So, I waited 2 years, rode around in my 2002 CB750 Nighthawk and watched the folks who bought and changed their mind about riding, it 'hurt too much', didn't have the time, etc.
 
Congrats on the new bike BAR! Look forward to seeing photos. Sounds like you got a stunning deal plus a bike that will be in like-new condition.
 
Thread starter
^^^
Thanks Dennis, hope to see yours also. The irony of it all, each at opposite coasts finding DLX's on opposite coasts!
 
CONGRATS! I know you must be very excited! Were there any "extras" on your bike (e.g. rack, wind screen)? IMHO, a very low mileage "DLX" for anything under $10K (all in) delivered to your door, is a GREAT DEAL! After dealer fees and taxes, I paid nearly as much for a leftover 2014 STD (non ABS) from a local dealer. The only "extras" I got with the bike was a tank of gas to ride it home. lol

I know its super hot outside this week, but if your only 30 miles from SJ, would you like to meet somewhere for a cup of coffee or maybe lunch or dinner? I'd love to see your new DLX and make your acquaintance as a new CB1100 owner. Maybe some of the other locals would like to meet as well. I try to get up to Alice's on weekends, if you'd prefer.

If you're interested, just name a time and place. I'm retired so I'm fairly flexible, but would prefer to avoid the traffic and heat of the day if possible. Btw, I recently finished breaking in my bike just shy of 600 miles, so I need to change the oil and filter after my next ride. I just received a filter and gallon of Honda's recommended "GN4" home delivered from Amazon.
 
Thread starter
No extras on the bike, 'bone' stock.

Somewhere for coffee sometime would be great. Since I'm NOT retired, and my (tech) company works me pretty hard, so a weekday outing has to be planned in advance. Sometime soon, let me get the bike in order and we'll put something together.

Once I get the bike I know I'll have a round of 'stupid' questions to ask, so I ask your (and everyone else's) patience.
 
NP . . . its too hot outside lately anyway even for a short ride to meet for lunch during the week. My usual haunt is Alice's on weekends, but unfortunately I can't this weekend. Hopefully, you'll have your DLX by the following weekend and have it out for a ride or two by then. In the meantime, by all means, ask away!
 
Thread starter
Dealer in New Hyde Park was -> Gold Coast Motorsports, 2070 Jericho Tpke.

(So far so good, shipper called and will deliver on Friday 7/28, tomorrow!)
 
If I have to guess .....your 1st stupid question will be how to pop open the seat? That was my 1st one...and the seller standing next to me didn't know either. Nothing wrong w that...seller is a super nice guy. He never had a reason to pop the seat. I did bc I needed to wire up a 12v power plug to run my gps. Fly and ride purchase...nothing like it.
 
Congrats :thumbsup: and Welcome :hello: BAR!!

Now you are part of that very exclusive fraternity of the two-pipers. :dodgy:
I wouldn't know what they talk about because we (one-pipers) are not allowed in the cool kids table. Elitists...
Just kidding :D

Awesome deal on the bike!!
 
I think an obvious question early on will be about your 2014 DLX's center console and how to interpret the various readouts, set the clock, and reset the "A" and "B" trip odometers. Its all in the owners manual, but not entirely easy to understand. I had to reread it several times and study the flow chart diagrams to fully understand how the LCD readouts are sequenced with the left and right buttons. Of course, its best to do these kinds of things while the bike is at a stop and/or your getting gas. I do not recommend doing this while actually riding.
 
Congratulations on your purchase. I've just done the same.

I just bought a 2014 DLX from a dealer in Boynton Beach Florida. Only 2000 miles on the clock. The bike is on its way to me (San Diego California) as I write.

Someone posted the Ebay ad here on this forum, and I won it - for $7,500.

Now, if any of the wise and kind souls who inhabit this forum have any tips on registering an out of state bike in California, I would be extremely grateful...
 
Wow, this is scary! Does anyone know if there were major differences in the California version? I know many have complained, on other bikes, of the "California pause" when rolling on. Is there differences in the mapping of the CB1100 in California versions?

Caution: Unless the vehicle was originally manufactured to meet California emission standards or the owner or vehicle qualifies for an exemption, California law prohibits:

California residents or businesses from bringing into California or registering in California, a motor vehicle that had less than 7,500 miles on the odometer (at the time of purchase, trade, or acquisition).

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top