New tires Continental RA3 or Pirelli Angel GT?

gretle_2.0

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello guys! I just got my CB1100 a couple months ago and the tires are starting to wear down and I wanted your opinion on what tires to get. I have read many other threads about this but haven't read anything about the Road Attack 3 tires on our bikes. Now I primarily ride only when its dry out so not much rain riding and I like riding the twisties most of the time so my primary look for tires is grip. I don't care if they don't last too long, I just want the best and stickiest tires for the bike. I am also thinking of going with a 160/60 rear like others have said. Let me know what you guys think.

Much thanks!
 
Angel GT is a great tire. Been using them for years on sport touring bikes. You could be quite happy with them. Also, you might consider Metzler, a Z8 maybe. I've been running Z8s on the CB and been pleased.
 
The best of all were Michelin PR3...N/A any longer.
Was very happy with Dunlop Roadsmart 3 front OEM size
Metzeler Z8 and Pirelli Angel GT, I presently have on my both CBs
 
obligatory mention for the tires nobody remembers fit our bike but are the closest thing on the market to the original Michelin PR3:

Avon Spirit ST!! Very sticky, great profile, great mileage, great wet performance. I have them on two of my bikes right now.
 
Same as Kiowa Eagle and Ferret. I love the Angle GT's. I liked the Michelines, but sadly no longer available. I've heard that the Angle GT's are being phased out for Angle GT2, but those won't be available in our sizes. Metzlers were OK fot me but not great. I hated the OEM Dunlops - the front cupped at about 3000 miles. If I didn't have Angles reserved for me at the local Honda shop, I'd seriously look at Avons. Good luck!
 
My CB is newish to me so I haven't had to change tires yet, but I ran Angel GTs on my FJR 1300 and loved them. Got perhaps around 6000 or so miles out of them.
 
Angel GTs on both my bikes.
 
I've always loved the Roadsmart 3 since I've discovered them on my R1200RT, got them on the CB, and it appears Dunlop carries on the OEM sizes of the CB for their Roadsmart 4, at least in Europe. Massive difference from the BT54 and BT45 the bike came with.
 
Back
Top