New Tires Choices

Thread starter
Avon final update: LOVE THE AVON TIRES. At 10,413 total miles on these tries, the Coopers Tire & Rubber Avon Spirit ST front tire is almost at the wear indicator; the rear tire has more wear left. In my opinion, this brand/model is similar to the Michelin PR3s and much better than the other non-Michelin brands I have used (1 set of Pirelli Angel GT and 2 sets of Bridgestone Battlax T31). :)
 
Rogerdj_imp said:
Has anyone got comments on Pirelli Sport Demon tyres then?
Extremely satisfied with P Sport Demon. More than 3 k kms and tires seem to be in great shape. So far nothing to complain about.
 
bflint_imp said:
Avon final update: LOVE THE AVON TIRES. At 10,413 total miles on these tries, the Coopers Tire & Rubber Avon Spirit ST front tire is almost at the wear indicator; the rear tire has more wear left. In my opinion, this brand/model is similar to the Michelin PR3s and much better than the other non-Michelin brands I have used (1 set of Pirelli Angel GT and 2 sets of Bridgestone Battlax T31). :)

I hope I remember this to try them after I go thru the next set of Angel GTs I just bought
 
bflint_imp said:
Avon final update: LOVE THE AVON TIRES. At 10,413 total miles on these tries, the Coopers Tire & Rubber Avon Spirit ST front tire is almost at the wear indicator; the rear tire has more wear left. In my opinion, this brand/model is similar to the Michelin PR3s and much better than the other non-Michelin brands I have used (1 set of Pirelli Angel GT and 2 sets of Bridgestone Battlax T31). :)
finally i feel vindicated. singing the praises of these tires for 2 years now. I'm glad you like them!
 
It might be useful to remind us of the wheels you have when mentioning tyres, alloys or spoked and whether you managed to get them in standard sizes.
 
I think Bflint and I both have 18" Cast wheels, not spoked, but I don't think the Avons would fail to be the superior tire in either case. The only way you could get better tires is if you had '17s. and they are 120/70 front and 160/60 rear, which has kind of been declared the "standard" size for the CB1100 since such a large majority of us use those sizes.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I think Bflint and I both have 18" Cast wheels, not spoked, but I don't think the Avons would fail to be the superior tire in either case. The only way you could get better tires is if you had '17s. and they are 120/70 front and 160/60 rear, which has kind of been declared the "standard" size for the CB1100 since such a large majority of us use those sizes.
:thumbsup:
 
f97579088b227f8150088240df82f690.jpg

I’m trying Road 6 GT this time. Road 5 lasted me only one year ~5k miles. I love them, however I think they are too soft and expansively especially if changing every year.
 
I got about 8k out of a Road 5 on my NC 750. Good tire. I'm trying a set of the Angel GTs now to see how long they will go. They go a little oved 8k on my CB.
 
Limited to 18 inch rubber I just mounted up a set of BT54's on my 2013 model.

First set of Bridgestones I've had since the OE rubber on my '83 GS750E...

Just got them scrubbed in and they seem fine. Other than a H-D, its been a while since Ive been on anything with such skinny wheels. My first impression of the CB was of a burly 500# brute wearing ballerina shoes...

The narrow wheels do make her feel much lighter when shes moving and I find they run right to the edge effortlessly.

Now somethings gotta be done about the suspension...
 
Back
Top