new shoei bucket for me

gossman_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Been looking and researching a new helmet, wanted to go with a modular style this time. Spent many a views on revzilla reviewing the different models and checking prices. Since I wanted to check fit and I wear glasses, down to the mc superstore 15 miles away. Tried on a bunch of helmets by different makes, and of course, my comfort zone was attracted to the more expensive ones. Walked out the door with a Shoei Neotech in white for $519....yowza. it was on sale discounted by 20% but still a lot compared to my Bell helmets. I am kinda looking forward to trying out this pinlock system it came with, I may venture out into the cold now on occasion. Didn't even have to sneak this one by the contessa, she was with me when I purchased it.:D
 
Oohhhhh. cadillac!

Congrats, great helmet.
 
Sounds great Gossman. Shoei makes a great lid. How easy is it to put your glasses back on? I ask because I haven't been able to find a modular helmet that lets me leave my specs on while I put it on. I've a Shark helmet now that is carefully designed to allow the wings of glasses to slide in easily and it's made a huge difference to me.
 
Thread starter
I can get it on my melon with my glasses on, but I wear wire rimless so that may be the reason. This one has the eye glass slots in the padding to relieve the temple pressure.
 
2 years ago...just as my vision was improving with age...I was diagnosed with cataracts, ended up being a blessing in disguise, I went mono vision....now I don't need glasses for driving or reading....even though I'm bionic now ;-)
The only problem is at night, I have no protection with the visor in the up position, so I keep a pair on me for those "night time bugs." ;-)
 
I can get my HJC modular on about 50% of the time without knocking them all whopperjawed. Easier just to take them off, put on the helmet and then put the glasses back on. Maybe that's why I like my 3/4 helmets so much. They go right on/ off with my glasses on.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I can get my HJC modular on about 50% of the time without knocking them all whopperjawed. Easier just to take them off, put on the helmet and then put the glasses back on. Maybe that's why I like my 3/4 helmets so much. They go right on/ off with my glasses on.
I wear an HJC modular too and don't have any problem with my glasses when putting it on or off.
I also have a Nolan modular and it's more problematic and takes more effort and fiddling to put it on without knocking off my glasses.
Guess which helmet gets the most use :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
I found as the price went higher, the more rigid the shell is. Modulars are not as "tough" as a full face so I was looking at purchasing the best modular helmet I could. A little buyer's remorse of course, the S&S modular I tried on was fairly comfortable and the chin bar didn't hit my chin and was way cheaper than the Shoei.

I have several other helmets including a 3/4 Bell mag 9 that I really like. Since I cut off my hair and lost some weight, the cheek pads need to be replaced to make it a little tighter. $20 at revilla will fix that issue, I am sure the 3/4 helmet will still get plenty of use. Now a set of retro goggles and my 1/2 helmet will fit right in with the CB :)
 
I don't know what modular model Shoei this is (excuse the bugs) but I've never had a problem putting it on with my glasses on. The frames have to fit snug to my temples... but no problem. It's a good lid.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
gossman commented about cutting his hair.
At my age I'm fortunate to still have a thick head of hair. I keep it quite short in the summer time so my helmets fit better. It's surprising how much difference a haircut makes :D
 
I used to have nice long thick hair :(
 
I've never had much hair, even when it was long. The thing I notice now is that, when it's even slightly over my ears. my helmet slides on much more easily than when it's shorter.
 
Elipten, Glad you mentioned the Schuberth as that was on my short list however I could not find a local stockiest so went with the Shoei. Hope to have it this week.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Great helmet, love mine, do not like my expensive Schuberth.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just curious because I just recently tried on Schuberth & Shoei modulars last week- which Schuberth do you have?

I tried the c3, c3 Pro, and Neotec. The C3 Pro fit spot on & looked really nice, shell size was proportionate to the rest of my body (size Sm), no lolipop silhouette lol

The Neotec was nice too, it was on top of my wishlist of future helmets until I tried the c3 Pro; shell size of the neotec was in borderline lollipop territory, but otherwise fit just as nice as the c3 pro. Probably not as quiet as a Schuberth, but not as expensive either.

The regular c3 fit was terrible; I didn't even bother putting it on all the way.
 
Back
Top