New Seat (K&H)

jerrycon_imp said:
I really like the red piping. It wouldn't look nearly as good to me without it.
+1 yea, the red piping makes it on the black bike. Very nice.:thumbsup:
 
Probably the best looking seat yet, that I've seen for the CB. :thumbsup:

note: You really need to remove those ugly stickers off that beautiful gas tank, just saying.
 
On my K&H Tall, I noticed the seat pan is rock solid, the stock seat flexes, that's why I think the K&H feels better and you do not always slide forward like on the stock seat.
Although K&H is not "magic", feels better but not perfect.
 
Thread starter
tomas_imp said:
Probably the best looking seat yet, that I've seen for the CB. :thumbsup:

note: You really need to remove those ugly stickers off that beautiful gas tank, just saying.
Ya, Those stickers and the front reflectors are next. I have a heat gun but was going to start with a hair dryer and see how much power I need.
 
SanPete_imp said:
The reflectors come off easy by pulling them carefully.
I grabbed ahold of one of the fork reflectors the other day and pulled fairly mightily. It seemed to move around quite a bit - but I couldn't get her to let loose. I'll have to give it another shot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
treytexag_imp said:
SanPete_imp said:
The reflectors come off easy by pulling them carefully.
I grabbed ahold of one of the fork reflectors the other day and pulled fairly mightily. It seemed to move around quite a bit - but I couldn't get her to let loose. I'll have to give it another shot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grabbed ahold of one of the fork reflectors the other day and pulled fairly mightily. It seemed to move around quite a bit - but I couldn't get her to let loose. I'll have to give it another shot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Use waxed dental floss and slide it behind the reflector from top to bottom, that should do the trick.
 
ischliky_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
Probably the best looking seat yet, that I've seen for the CB. :thumbsup:

note: You really need to remove those ugly stickers off that beautiful gas tank, just saying.
Ya, Those stickers and the front reflectors are next. I have a heat gun but was going to start with a hair dryer and see how much power I need.
Ya, Those stickers and the front reflectors are next. I have a heat gun but was going to start with a hair dryer and see how much power I need.
The gas tank stickers come off easily with a hair dryer when the bike is new and after wiping the paint with a WD-40 soaked rag the adhesive will come off without leaving a mark. But the longer you leave them on the more the adhesive hardens and the harder they are to remove. The more the bike sits in the sun the faster that adhesive hardens and it starts to etch the paint. In time they will not come off without leaving an imprint on the paint that will be visible even after all the adhesive is cleaned off.

The bottom line is, unless you want them on permanently, take them off asap. A heat gun is not necessary. A hair dryer is sufficient. Cheers.

Chip
 
Since it is leather do you have to treat it or take care of it in a special way?

I can't justify that much for a seat (yet?) but it sure looks cool and I bet it is comfortable!
 
ischliky,

Is that the mid-height K&H? How does it feel compared to stock, height-wise?

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
grover_imp said:
ischliky,

Is that the mid-height K&H? How does it feel compared to stock, height-wise?

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes its mid-height (K&H Mid seat #S-1101BT). I would say it is ever so slightly higher for me, nothing really crazy, however my passenger noticed a different knee angle on the first trip out. If i had to guess, I would say maybe 1 inch higher for me, and 2-3 inches higher for the passenger. The biggest thing by far is that the seat is just a little slippery still, and with no sissy bar or anything I am told to take it easier when riding 2up. I am assuming that overtime it will fade but even if it doesn't it is no problem for solo.



Xyzzy_imp said:
Since it is leather do you have to treat it or take care of it in a special way?

I can't justify that much for a seat (yet?) but it sure looks cool and I bet it is comfortable!
That's a great question. I wasn't planning on doing anything different with it, however it is garaged when home so the elements should have a muted affect on it I would hope. After a year I may reassess this and treat it with something. On my old bike (95 magna) I had the stock seat until last year. Such a difference, a really good seat just makes longer rides so much more enjoyable for me. It is worth every penny to me. As an added bonus, this seat makes my bike look a lot better to me, so I can say it was half comfort and half aesthetics.
 
Xyzzy_imp said:
Since it is leather do you have to treat it or take care of it in a special way?

I can't justify that much for a seat (yet?) but it sure looks cool and I bet it is comfortable!
Xyzzy,

I have a K&H seat and they are not leather. They are a high grade vinyl. My Corbin seat is leather and I remove it and put the stock seat on when I wash the bike. After drying the bike I put the Corbin back on. The K&H can be treated like the stock seat.

Chip
 
A couple of years ago I bought a 1972 cb350 twin that still had the sticker on the tank and I think it is cool. Then last year I bought a cb1100 and think the stickers are annoying. Thanks guys for the info on how to get them off, before it's too late.
 
Back
Top