Papa Weeley_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
As a follow-up to my bar end weight thread (To bar end weight, or not to bar end weight - that is the question.), I decided to experiment and forego the weights and try some grips I really wanted to use on the bike.
They're designed for the previous generation Triumph Bonneville, which is what I had them on, and really loved 'em. Very retro, and even more comfortable to me than the Grip Puppies that I've used on several bikes over the years. I got them from New Bonneville, and they call them "Gran Turismo Style Grips", but the old guys always called them "football grips" due to their obvious shape. I had the foresight to order two sets way back when, and luckily, both my Bonnie and the CB have 7/8" diameter handlebars.
I still wasn't sure about the fit, or running them without the bar weights, but they fit perfectly, and if the lack of weights in the bars causes too much vibration, I can still just cut the ends off the grips and run the weights through them (haven't ridden it yet to find out, literally just finished putting them on!). I do like the slimmer (width) feel of the bars though, and even though I'm using them expressly for comfort, the retro style looks great to my eye, too.

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-8-10%20192_zpsi9clf9k4.jpg.html]
They're designed for the previous generation Triumph Bonneville, which is what I had them on, and really loved 'em. Very retro, and even more comfortable to me than the Grip Puppies that I've used on several bikes over the years. I got them from New Bonneville, and they call them "Gran Turismo Style Grips", but the old guys always called them "football grips" due to their obvious shape. I had the foresight to order two sets way back when, and luckily, both my Bonnie and the CB have 7/8" diameter handlebars.
I still wasn't sure about the fit, or running them without the bar weights, but they fit perfectly, and if the lack of weights in the bars causes too much vibration, I can still just cut the ends off the grips and run the weights through them (haven't ridden it yet to find out, literally just finished putting them on!). I do like the slimmer (width) feel of the bars though, and even though I'm using them expressly for comfort, the retro style looks great to my eye, too.


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-8-10%20192_zpsi9clf9k4.jpg.html]
