New red side covers

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got the new red side covers in from CB4ME (and huge kudos to him for the smoothest transaction ever, and lightning fast shipping - great guy to deal with). I really liked my matte black covers, but somehow colour-matching them to the tank just seems more "right".
Besides the covers, the mods now amount to the Tiro seat, Moriwaki frame sliders, adj. brake and clutch levers, Grip Puppies, the NC Street Shield EX windscreen (that I'm not really using) and the SuperBrace that I still haven't installed...unfortunately, none of that is really obvious to the untrained eye, but then, that was really the plan from the beginning. I guess not bad for only two months of ownership, regardless, but I still feel like I'm falling behind some of you! LOL


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10005_zps17a76ae5.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10008_zps318944b3.jpg.html]
 
Papa,

You have to have the cleanest down pipes of any 2013, you have to be retired :P
The Reds look good, much better than the silver. I still like those matte blacks though.
 
That late afternnon sun angle greatly amplifies the slight creases in the side of the seat. That's the Tyro, right?

I definitely agree that's a mighty clean and very fine looking bike!

Great doing business with you. If Rboe passes on the Road Comet I, I'll PM you.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Papa,

You have to have the cleanest down pipes of any 2013, you have to be retired :P
The Reds look good, much better than the silver. I still like those matte blacks though.
Ha! I wish! Unfortunately, just the opposite - business owner who can never quite seem to find enough time to ride. Those header pipes look that good because I haven't managed to put many miles on 'er yet!
CB4ME_imp said:
That late afternnon sun angle greatly amplifies the slight creases in the side of the seat. That's the Tyro, right?

I definitely agree that's a mighty clean and very fine looking bike!

Great doing business with you. If Rboe passes on the Road Comet I, I'll PM you.
Yes sir - the Tiro KO Style seat. And you're right, the seat does have some wrinkles, but those creases look way worse in the late day sun. Although, if it looked like a prune, I wouldn't care, that thing is so danged comfortable!
 
Yea yea papa bike looks ok but dang! That's way to much bragging on a 13 model. Just say it's a good lookin bike and be done! Now if y'all want to brag start a tread about my bikes and let the bragging begin! Lol :). I had to get the ole high hacker papa back! :)
GOTCHA!!!
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Yea yea papa bike looks ok but dang! That's way to much bragging on a 13 model. Just say it's a good lookin bike and be done! Now if y'all want to brag start a tread about my bikes and let the bragging begin! Lol :). I had to get the ole high hacker papa back! :)
GOTCHA!!!
Hahahaha! You sir, are certifiable! :rofl:
 
Very nice looking. Where did you order the seat from?

Papa Weeley_imp said:
Got the new red side covers in from CB4ME (and huge kudos to him for the smoothest transaction ever, and lightning fast shipping - great guy to deal with). I really liked my matte black covers, but somehow colour-matching them to the tank just seems more "right".
Besides the covers, the mods now amount to the Tiro seat, Moriwaki frame sliders, adj. brake and clutch levers, Grip Puppies, the NC Street Shield EX windscreen (that I'm not really using) and the SuperBrace that I still haven't installed...unfortunately, none of that is really obvious to the untrained eye, but then, that was really the plan from the beginning. I guess not bad for only two months of ownership, regardless, but I still feel like I'm falling behind some of you! LOL


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10005_zps17a76ae5.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10008_zps318944b3.jpg.html]
http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10001_zpsbdaad7ac.jpg.html
 
Very nice additions to the bike. Even looks like there is extra height added from the seat. I like the look of it.
 
Thread starter
Mike_imp said:
Very nice looking. Where did you order the seat from?

Papa Weeley_imp said:
Got the new red side covers in from CB4ME (and huge kudos to him for the smoothest transaction ever, and lightning fast shipping - great guy to deal with). I really liked my matte black covers, but somehow colour-matching them to the tank just seems more "right".
Besides the covers, the mods now amount to the Tiro seat, Moriwaki frame sliders, adj. brake and clutch levers, Grip Puppies, the NC Street Shield EX windscreen (that I'm not really using) and the SuperBrace that I still haven't installed...unfortunately, none of that is really obvious to the untrained eye, but then, that was really the plan from the beginning. I guess not bad for only two months of ownership, regardless, but I still feel like I'm falling behind some of you! LOL


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10005_zps17a76ae5.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10008_zps318944b3.jpg.html]


Thank you!
It's from Mr. T at Samurider.com
dUh!_imp said:
Yes, there is. I couldn't tell you exactly how much, but it's very noticeable. I liked the style of the seat, but it was the extra height that I was really going for. And it ended up being extremely comfortable, which was icing on the cake.
Here's the difference vs. the stock seat from my other thread:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-5-13020_zpse0675fdc.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
Side Covers look great! And your pipes have to be the cleanest, brightest stock pipes I've seen, what's your secret?
Well, I did buy some of that BMW polish stuff that someone mentioned in one the clean-header threads, but mostly my secret is a pretty new bike with not a lot of miles yet! ;)
 
Mike_imp said:
Very nice looking. Where did you order the seat from?

Papa Weeley_imp said:
Got the new red side covers in from CB4ME (and huge kudos to him for the smoothest transaction ever, and lightning fast shipping - great guy to deal with). I really liked my matte black covers, but somehow colour-matching them to the tank just seems more "right".
Besides the covers, the mods now amount to the Tiro seat, Moriwaki frame sliders, adj. brake and clutch levers, Grip Puppies, the NC Street Shield EX windscreen (that I'm not really using) and the SuperBrace that I still haven't installed...unfortunately, none of that is really obvious to the untrained eye, but then, that was really the plan from the beginning. I guess not bad for only two months of ownership, regardless, but I still feel like I'm falling behind some of you! LOL


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10005_zps17a76ae5.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-6-10008_zps318944b3.jpg.html]

Bike looks great Not familiar with cb4me. how can I find them?
 
Good one! Welcome to the forum, Loren007. You newbieness is showing :P

CB4ME is a forum member that sold the covers to Papa Weeley. If you're interested in the covers, get yourself over to Samurider.com , a Japanese site that sources a huge selection of parts and accessories for the CB1100.

You can get plain red covers, covers with matching tank stripes (two styles), black covers, chrome covers, etc...
 
Back
Top