New RD in garage

Bheezy27403_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter

Sold my CBR300R. Just not up to the mountain carving I bought it for without major front end upgrades. Saw this girl on marketplace and he was willing to do trades for old CB singles. I have had a CB125S pile in my garage for seven years or so housing mice. He wanted $1200 for the RD. Traded the pile plus $500. She's all there and it came with a new set of tires. Should be on the road in a month or so. Blue Smoke!
 
Congrats, that should be a reliable bike, it was my first bike, fast but not dangerous, started first kick every time;



Had one in this color, very sharp looking machine, it came with the wrong sparkplugs installed ( too hot ) and made a hole in one of the pistons, the previous owner was a mechanic and replaced the parts free of charge, just so you're aware
 
By faded paint stripes I'd say it's a 74
 
My first was a '76 RD400. One piston connecting rod was broken. The other piston was by Suzuki. It started with every kick - incredibly. The engine was eventually rebuilt.
 
I had a 73 RD 350 first year for the reed valve RD's just like this one. My dad had a 72 R5c with the black and orange paint scheme that was a piston port design. The reed valve models were easier to ride and had 6 speed trans.

47694e1bc1b7f37e77569e238a3fa958.jpg
 
In 1974 I purchased a new Suzuki T500 Titan. Not fast but a great bike. Started on first or second kick every time. Love two strokes.
 
I can still remember the 7-Port Torque Induction of the RD350 advertisement and the late Jarno Sareenen of Finland who promoted the Yamaha's at the time.

I still have a sales brochure of it.

Incredible but true, I never ever rode a 2 stroke motorcycle.
 
Alain Lee_imp said:
I can still remember the 7-Port Torque Induction of the RD350 advertisement and the late Jarno Sareenen of Finland who promoted the Yamaha's at the time.

I still have a sales brochure of it.

Incredible but true, I never ever rode a 2 stroke motorcycle.
I just wonder how you got your M license ...without a 2-stroke experience :P:):D
 
Thread starter
75 250. Yes there is a gap under the seat. The carbs are taken off because they were cleaned. I have the batt box too. It's all there. The front caliper is nos and just needs to be installed.
I just went out to make a list of what it needs. Came up with new shocks, new wheels (maybe just respoked), battery, perhaps new reeds we'll see. New chain and sprockets too.
I have a 73 and 74 RD350 piles in the garage that I've been wanting to get back together for a while so I have tons of parts that will work for this.

 
I had a RD 250 '75 for 5 years from 1977 until 1982. It was my first motorcycle, sold it with more than 93,000 km on the clock.

End of the 80ies, while I had already a Honda CB550 and then a Yamaha XS650 with sidecar, I bought the RD from my younger brother for sentimental reasons. It was exactly the same RD as mine. 2005 I had to sell it. It was a victim of my divorce.

40d91db217e2647bb898b117409e3a02.jpg
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
That two-stroke fragrance reminds me of outboard motors.
Or as my outboard tech friend says, “the smell of money” :D
 
Django_imp said:
I had a RD 250 '75 for 5 years from 1977 until 1982. It was my first motorcycle, sold it with more than 93,000 km on the clock.

End of the 80ies, while I had already a Honda CB550 and then a Yamaha XS650 with sidecar, I bought the RD from my younger brother for sentimental reasons. It was exactly the same RD as mine. 2005 I had to sell it. It was a victim of my divorce.

40d91db217e2647bb898b117409e3a02.jpg
I had an RD400 '76 for a few years. It was my first motorcycle ...

 
Back
Top