New possibilities for 2013 and older CB1100 owners?

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Looking over the information on Honda's website for the 2014 CB1100 models, it struck me that some of these changes could potentially impact current CB1100 owners as well.

For example, if Honda modified the center stand on the Deluxe model to accommodate the dual exhaust configuration, then perhaps this stand could be used on the older CBs to accommodate a number of aftermarket exhaust options that many were interested in, but weren't willing to give up their center stands .

In addition, those interested in creating a hybrid look would more than likely be able to use the new EX/DLX side panels on their 1st gen bikes. Same probably goes for the seat, turn signals and tank.

It will be interesting to see what people come up with as this year progresses.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good point, Guth. The new models open a range of possibilities. I guess, if Honda is making the parts, it will be possible to get them anywhere in the world—for example, Australia. :s
 
Yup! I've had those side panels in my sights since Honda unveiled the Euro EX version. I definitely wanted to go with the red covers and was about to order a '13 set from Samurider, but the new style really does it for me. I think they give the bike a more classic look than the current triangles.
 
I would really like the gear indicator too. I assume it needs more than just a panel, though.
 
Yes..some parts may be interchangeable, but be aware that the red DLX I saw at the bike shows not the same shade of red as the 2013 CBs.
 
Thread starter
Good observation, I offered this comment on the Bike Show thread:

Yes, assuming that it is the same color that is offered in Japan this year, I just noticed on the Honda Japan site that they are calling it "Candy Alizarin Red". I'm guessing that for those who are interested, samurider.com will have some options available in a number of colors.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Yes..some parts may be interchangeable, but be aware that the red DLX I saw at the bike shows not the same shade of red as the 2013 CBs.
Oh, that's not good news for me. I should have expected that. Honda has over a dozen shades of Candy Red and they like to change 'em around over the years.
 
Taksahi alerted me that Honda just posted the 2014 DX on their Japanese website:

CB1100 | Honda公式サイト

It will be interesting to see how closely paint colors match. I have red 2013 body parts from 3 different manufacturers and depending on the light and the viewing angle, colors match perfectly or are a bit lighter or darker.
 
Wow. I really like that silver tank/motor combo. Can't do it though. My red 2013 is my good friend now and i can't abandon that relationship!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I wouldn't have gone with red initially if I had all these choices, but I'm really liking it now. I'm curious to see the new red in person, in not sure it could be any better.
 
The EX is a looker, for sure, but I still prefer the standard. I particularly like that blue standard. Red is still my favorite, but I would have needed some time to decide on the red or the blue had there been a choice.

The all black standard not so much, but I do like the black standard with silver engine and wheels like the Aussie models.
 
Grrr......that blue is nice. (damn it!)
 
Randy,

I'm pretty sure you're still have the only blue CB in the USA

I wonder if the EX centerstand would work with other aftermarket 2 or 4 muffler systems?
 
Since you guys are much older than myself, it look's like I am going to have plenty of spares............... LOL.....
 
Back
Top