New Old Duc

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Always wanted to add a Ducati to the stable, but always backed off due to the cost, maintenance and complexity of the new models. And while L- Twins have their charms, I'm more of a triple and four guy for tractability and smoothness. But, they are a saucy, sexy breed, and being of Italian heritage, I felt it was time.

So, I found a nice 1996 900 SS nearby, checked it out, and pulled the trigger. 16K miles, a few performance upgrades and great shape, save for some scratches from a tip over and a few minor issues I can handle in the garage. Sounds the business, and, well, I think it's looker.

I'll wring it out a bit, and report back. It was cheap, and fits my theory of the 'free' bike...buy something already well- owned, that will maintain the bulk of it's value, keep it in good shape, ride it for a few years, and sell it for close to what you bought it for. Oh, and I can finally wear the Ducati shirt I bought a few years ago, but refused to wear 'cause I felt like a poser!

[/img]
 
Good find Capo, those older Ducatis are indeed lookers.

Best Ducati T-shirt I ever saw had the Ducati logo on the back with "Loud Clutches Save Lives" below.
 
NICE! Peter Egans favorite Duc I believe. Before I started on this CB 1100 kick I pretty much lived the " free bike" lifestyle lol. What a great way to be a motorcycle owner, and you described it perfectly. My 2001 FZ1 I paid $3000, rode it for several years and sold it for $ 2850. 3 years for $150. perfect.

If you are looking for DUc clothing, I think my grandson has outgrown his racing suit.. Lol



Congrats on the score!

.
 
My 99 750ss with the red half fairing along with my 01 monster 900 were great bikes, I miss them especially the 900..No real issues. At the time BCM Ducati in Laconia,NH was essential for proper running. Have fun..
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys, I'm excited to pick it up. I'm traveling on biz for a few weeks, so it will be a while until I can toss it around. And yes, the Sausage Creature was and is one of my favorite pieces of moto- journalism and it's pretty cool to have a version of that particular bike. Ferret, many thanks, I'll see what my tailor can do with that suit!
 
Back
Top