New Mirrors......

4myredhonda_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
New Mirrors (See ebay link below). They look nice (IMHO) and seem well made. The hardware was a bit of a challenge, but got it figured out. They came from Taiwan, $10.00 shipping got them to my door in three days. They should match the café theme I am trying to get.

Cheers,




[url=http://s916.photobucket.com/user/Ksbeemer/media/IMG_2286_zpsjwuig9lx.jpg.html]

[url=http://s916.photobucket.com/user/Ksbeemer/media/IMG_2290_zpsgzag2ifs.jpg.html]


[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/401014635864]http://www.ebay.com/itm/401014635864
 
Do the red parts light up any or blink?
 
I really dig the hand guards, but the mirrors look really out of place. Maybe on an angular sport bike like FZ9, but not on a flowing classic lines of cb1100 :/
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Do the red parts light up any or blink?
No they do not have turn signals in them. They are anodized red and black.
LikeAfox_imp said:
I really dig the hand guards, but the mirrors look really out of place. Maybe on an angular sport bike like FZ9, but not on a flowing classic lines of cb1100 :/
Thanks for the comments. I think the angular mirror shape will match well with the Comet fairing and sport seat I have coming. To each his own.
 
Thread starter
Got word from Takashi that my Road Comet 2 fairing has shipped. :clap: I will be very interested to see how it looks with the new mirrors. Might be a while before I get it installed, unless the cold weather breaks for a while. It's December in Kansas, so will just have to wait and see. Actually, this is probably the best time of year to be ordering this kind of stuff. The sport trunk seat is due to be shipped sometime in January. Looking forward to getting these parts and getting them installed!

By the way, can anyone comment on fitment of a good luggage rack to go with the sport trunk seat? Thanks!

Regards,
 
Thread starter
Hi riko,

How do like the leg shields? I looked at them and decided not to order them. I can tell you the hand guards don't really do that much as far as keeping the wind off of your hands. I went for a short ride yesterday in about 50 degree weather and didn't seem like they helped much for keeping your hands warm. They do look cool (IMHO) and should be good for keeping the bugs off, though.

Cheers,
 
nono, those have yet to be ordered, since my list is quit long, those are one of the very last items :)

so I cannot tell you, yet :)


about your hand guards, that they dont help in warming your hands is normal :) but surely they do keep the cold wind away from your hands?
 
Thread starter
Riko_imp said:
nono, those have yet to be ordered, since my list is quit long, those are one of the very last items :)

so I cannot tell you, yet :)


about your hand guards, that they dont help in warming your hands is normal :) but surely they do keep the cold wind away from your hands?
The picture you posted appears to have the leg guards installed. That's why I thought you already had them.

In my experience, the hand guards do not keep the cold wind away from your hands. That is what I was trying to tell you in my previous post. Hope this clears things up and have a great day!

Regards,
 
Back
Top