New Lid

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Been thinking about how classic a white helmet would go with the CB 1100 (and in truth probably easier to spot so safer as well). I have a white open face that I wear on occasion (like when it's over 90 and I don't plan on going near traffic) but my myriad of 3/4, modular and full face helmets are all black. Some of my helmets are getting pretty old *translated to sloppy fitting*) and I have been having a little trouble with the one modular I wear the most, so I decided it was time for a new one.

Saw someone wearing this one on the forum but can't remember who and really liked the looks of it, so rode down today and picked one up

HJC CL Max 2 IS BT. I will never use the BT (blue tooth) part and I remember someone saying the little door would pop off if not siliconed or something. Ring a bell with anyone? Cool max interior. IS stands for internal shield (like a fighter pilot I am). Wore it home, seemed pretty quiet for a modular, and I could actually feel air coming through the top of the helmet vents if I tilted my head a bit. Set up for a pin lock shield, but I didn't buy one. I am a round head shape so the HJC's fit me well. DOT rated (sorry Sea)



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/New%20lid%20March%2011%202015%20003_zpssetsii8e.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/New%20lid%20March%2011%202015%20004_zpsgg7ficje.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/New%20lid%20March%2011%202015%20005_zpsgugfbk9a.jpg.html]
 
I love interior shaded shields, both my helmets have one, not sure I would buy one without any more.
What size helmet is that, the chin part seems kinda wide/tall?
 
Looks good, Ferret! That'll definitely be more noticeable than black. I went with day-glo yellow on mine and constantly get comments on how visible I am.

I got my first modular about a year ago and it has the internal shield. I love that feature.
 
Nice helmet. I was interested in the HJC but the shape doesn't fit my noggin. I am a big believer in white helmets for safety sakes. Enjoy the new lid!
 
Thread starter
It's a large Hiker.
 
I have been wearing a plain white Shoei RF1200, the quietest helmet I have ever worn for about a year. The plain white kinda freaked me out at first, so I put a big AMA sticker on it, now it's not so naked and doesn't look like a giant marshmallow, cooler in those Arizona Summers too
.
 
Nice helmet, Ferret. And, for the record, I don't have any issue with DOT helmets per se. The helmet you have almost assuredly would pass the Snell impact testing, most HJC helmets would. The flip-front and internal shield prevent it from being eligible for testing. I prefer a static full face helmet, but that's just my preference. In fact, I'm seriously considering the Shoei GT Air with an internal screen..it only gets a DOT rating because of the shield, but it is the exact same helmet as their Snell helmet without the internal shield.

I like this HJC a lot. Hope it works for you. :)
 
Looks great! Am I right that you ride with eyeglasses? If so, how does the internal sunshield work with them? Lately, I've been riding with my all white Bell Vortex. I'll be rotating back and forth with my Bullitt and RS-1. I think the all white goes great with our CBs.
 
Thread starter
Yes I wear spectacles. The IS works fine with it. I have it on a full face too
 
Thread starter
MG I will say they don't make the IS shields dark enough to suit me. They are a medium tint, not nearly as dark as they appear. A darker one would be much preferred.
 
Nice looking helmet! I'm a big fan of the classic white paint scheme. I'm just about due for a new helmet myself and have narrowed it down to either the Shoei GT-Air or the Arai Defiant. Either way, the paint will be old-school white.
 
Back
Top