New Items at Samurider

Riko_imp said:
Somehow those shield legs give the bike a mechanical busy look to it.
On this bike you can see the complete engine, all is visible, and something like that contributes to the tech look.
Other semi-techno add ons such as an antenna etc, in that category, would really complement this bike I think.

Whitehouse Japan has also such a busy CB1100 with antenna, looks very cool!

I like it a lot, I'm a fan.



736cc_imp said:
A set of quality leathers or an Aerostich riding suit work better that those cheesy leg shields
I have those :) but still wanna see how the bike would look with those cheesy leg shields :)

If the look is as cheesy as a fairing, than give it to me :)

Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
Scoobynut_imp said:
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...
I disagree, you cannot judge the leg shields if you haven't seen any clear and high quality pictures of it on the bike.
Like The ferret said already, its a UJM, a Swiss knife kinda bike, many things can be put on the bike and still keep the retro look of it.

And Scoobynut, I'd even rather go for the smoked version so you can see the shields very good:)

I actually believe the bike will look good and cool with those shields.
I see it as a fairing, but in a retro style :cool:
It might work and I think it will work on these bikes.

I've seen much much worse headlightfairings on these bikes done by others here tbh than those leg shields :dodgy:

Those Daytona leg shields will be my next buy end of this month!
There will be small issues cause I have the OEM engine guards, but it should work to install both and when I do, I will post pictures!
The Belgian Build seems to be the transformation of an UJM into a scooter.
4ad7daf5702dd4dfa2beb16df37b1414.gif


(after my fancy, never mind :beerchug: )
The Belgian Build seems to be the transformation of an UJM into a scooter.
3c33e9e23f38ad07a89ae7bf78d42e69.gif


(after my fancy, never mind :beerchug: )
you have good taste :)

perhaps after installation many will start to see the potential of a "CB1100 scooter" :idea:
May be, you got me wrong. Ugly topcase, kneeshield and scooter are definitely not my cup of tea. :P
 
lol, cause you said 'after my fancy' I read this as 'conform my taste' so it was just poor english :)

No offense taken, to each his own though.

Question: do you know a topcase that is not ugly? :rolleyes:
I repeat my statement that you cannot judge those legshields if you did not see a good picture of the bike with em on it.

Especially since the product pictures of the leg shields show a naked CB.
Mine has a front fairing and a rack, wich makes the bike less naked and whould go better with the leg shields, imo.

And euh, I hope you were kidding about my CB looking like a scooter? :dodgy:

 
If I were going put a top case on it, I would go with the Givi Trekker OUtback, 38L

b059527a983dd841001d10ce73104f1a.jpg


Reason being, the cube and rectangle shapes can pack in alot more stuff than the curved ones. They hold your contents more effectively.

As far as aesthetics, it's so subjective. I personally find the Trekker to be the best looking top case, but I know others don't.
 
Must be winter in Europe too eh? :rolleyes:

Everyone has their own ideas about what makes a bike a masterpiece and what makes it an abomination

Like the old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure", you know?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Must be winter in Europe too eh? :rolleyes:

Everyone has their own ideas about what makes a bike a masterpiece and what makes it an abomination

Like the old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure", you know?
So true!
126ef3c35536a6d526b7fdaddee4f683.gif
 
Yup, we Northerners are keeping you Southerners very amused, eh?
On another note I have been considering adding side cases to my CB. I love the look of the sharp square boxes, but just don't think they apply to the CB. After much consideration I think rounded is better. I agree with the comment that top boxes never look good no matter how practical.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...

Try riding side saddle. Should fix that problem.

Cheers
 
very cool!!
you cant see them from a side view indeed!

you HAD them? so not anymore than..? if you do have em still, would you happen to have pictures from a side view or a semi side angle?

I also have the OEM engine guards and as I suspected you would only need to adjust the spacers on top :)

thx a lot dude!
 
Redbird, if you say they're there, I'll believe you. I'm da... er, danged if I can see them!
 
cOrmanus with an ipad you can do that push your fingers thing apart making the pic bigger and see them easily.
 
Thank you, Ferret. I can see clearly now.
 
As Jedd, I think fixing a square top box as givi, motech or hepco Becker...I'm afraid they look as pizza boxes...Is it possible someone who put one of them could post pictures please ? Thanks in advance !
Guy
 
ow cool, those are my countrymen who travelled the world on bike, cool blog with cool pics:
Home - Kim and Seb

they used different bikes in different parts of the world, the CB they used to travel south america and maybe a bit of north america if I remember
 
For all you Harley haters out there I have a Ultra classic to take care of the touring duty. I have the newest version which is a great bike IMO and extremely reliable with the best dealer support. I know its very subjective and some only have one do it all bike but nothing like touring on an actual touring bike. My CB is my rip around town bike which turns into 300 mi rides anyway but love them both. For those of you who have never rode a 2014 and newer Harley touring bike they are quite comfortable with excellent storage, ample power, lots of torque and great handling. Top notch brembo duel linked anti lock brakes, awesome sound system and ergos. Yes they are pricey but so are all the other touring bikes out there. I dont want my CB to be all junked up with pizza boxes and beer coolers with car windshields stuck in front, lol. Ill keep my semi cafe retro look. If I was going to stick those big square boxes on it I would probably just get an adventure bike instead. Like I said, very subjective. I think everyone should enjoy their CB as they see fit.
 
Someone said "HARLEY"!

Seriously, there's also a review of those Hepko & Beker cases on the wandering souls blog.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
For all you Harley haters out there I have a Ultra classic to take care of the touring duty. I have the newest version which is a great bike IMO and extremely reliable with the best dealer support. I know its very subjective and some only have one do it all bike but nothing like touring on an actual touring bike. My CB is my rip around town bike which turns into 300 mi rides anyway but love them both. For those of you who have never rode a 2014 and newer Harley touring bike they are quite comfortable with excellent storage, ample power, lots of torque and great handling. Top notch brembo duel linked anti lock brakes, awesome sound system and ergos. Yes they are pricey but so are all the other touring bikes out there. I dont want my CB to be all junked up with pizza boxes and beer coolers with car windshields stuck in front, lol. Ill keep my semi cafe retro look. If I was going to stick those big square boxes on it I would probably just get an adventure bike instead. Like I said, very subjective. I think everyone should enjoy their CB as they see fit.

Two bikes that I classify as my "Dream Bike": Honda CB1100 and Harley Davidson Road King. When I have some time to tour that will be my next purchase. I remain open to the other FL touring bikes but will need more time in the saddle. No bike is perfect but those two come close as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy your two great bikes.

Kevin

2013 Honda CB1100
 
Back
Top