New Image for Forum Header

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Good evening, my friends,

Please be advised that I spent some time this evening replacing the interim header with a new image. A few items for your consideration:
  • Clear the cache on your browser and reload the Forum URL to view the Forum’s new header. 
  • The optimal header image size for the Theme we created for this site is 1800 pixels wide by 80 pixels high.
  • The Responsive Theme deployed senses the orientation of the device you are using and should adjust automatically. 
  • Color profiles and fonts are embedded in the new image. It should always render properly.
  • If you are viewing the Forum on a Phone, I recommend turning the phone into landscape mode. In Portrait Mode, it gets a little “squishy.”
  • I have some experience with photography and have taken countless glamour shots of my motorcycles. Many of you are great photographers. However, the aspect ratio of the header image does not lend itself to any of the photos available royalty free from Honda or from the photos posted by Members of this Forum. Hence, I abandoned using an image and opted to use only text. 
  • I reread the history of the CB1100 and “The Power of Dreams” tagline deeply resonated with me. Hence, it is the focal point of the header design.
  • I purposely used a different shade of red to set off the scripted “The Power of Dreams” gold in the header. 

It is not my Forum; it is our Forum. If other members would like to submit an alternate design for consideration, I welcome all suggestions. We can conduct a poll and let the Forum Members decide. However, be advised that the 1800x80 pixel aspect ratio is the only constraint you must factor into your design. A vertical phone screen shots follow. Good night. David
 

Attachments

  • The 2025 CB1100 Forum.webp
    The 2025 CB1100 Forum.webp
    146.8 KB · Views: 40
Thread starter
I received some gentle, kind encouragement from several Members to add some actual motorcycle pictures to the header. Please clear your browser cache, close your browser, Open your rouser, and go to https:\\cb1100forum.net\forum to see the updated header. I hope you like the two pictures I added with an assist from PhotoShop and Mostafa. If nothing else, the RLET Police Squad should be pleased.  :) Good night, David
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0569.webp
    IMG_0569.webp
    147.4 KB · Views: 26
Good you got out for a ride!
 
Back
Top