New Honda Rear Rack

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Honda is offering a new rear rack for the CB1100, available from Mr T. for 23,500 yen. I wonder if it was designed for the 2014 model which has the different seat and a shallower angle to the grip bar.

c61e2c612665c14fe255dd6861008247.jpg


He also has the original rear rack, still at 19,000 yen. (Honda US list price is $275).

929047ec069ae5967f5b9718243533e7.jpg
 
Well that is a 14/EX seat in the top pic
 
Rear attachment points are different Spaceman.. The 14 rear mount is slotted, the 13 solid.
 
Thread starter
I find it useful to grab 2 pictures and edit them to the same scale - then toggle back and forth to reveal all the differences. I can spot over a dozen between the 2013 and 2014.

As far as the 2 rear carriers, the most obvious difference is the flat vs. round rack bars.


3dfe4cee6db2dd960e06e64eeb38724d.jpg


c0da2f77de937b3dd481fa6e6f590dbd.jpg
 
Name the 14 changes you see CB4ME. I count 10 visually from those two pics....plus there are additional changes you can't see from this side profile. This is like a where's Waldo lol
 
I was checking the Honda OEM parts site for a deluxe seat to put on my 2013, here are the part numbers.....

2013 77200-MGC-D31ZA

2014 77200-MGC-D31ZA Standard

2014 77200-MGC-N21ZA Deluxe

2013 and 2014 Standard are the same numbers....

2014 is different, assuming because of the seat pattern....

Do you think it will fit and how would I find out without ordering one and maybe having to send it back and paying shipping both ways and a restocking charge....?
 
I originally thought it was just a cover swap, but it sort of appears a little different where the seat meets the tank. Not saying it wouldn't slip right on a 13 though, and it may just be an illusion that it's different. Easiest way is to hold off until your dealer gets a 14, ride up there and try it on your bike.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Name the 14 changes you see CB4ME. I count 10 visually from those two pics....plus there are additional changes you can't see from this side profile. This is like a where's Waldo lol
2014 front to back:

1. white front wheel
2. front disk brake
3. smaller front signals
4. raised headlight
5. chrome band on guages
6. shorther stalks on mirrors
7. chrome bar ends
8. larger tank
9. white engine
10. no huge ugly collector/cat
11. side panel
12. seat
13. smaller rear signals
14. shorter exhausts
15. grip bar angle
16. white rear wheel
17. no black on rear disc

Yeah I cheated and counted the wheels and signals twice (front & rear). But there are a lot of subtle changes - and some not so subtle.
 
Thread starter
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know this was mentioned somewhere, but where did they add the one inch on the front end, I believe I read it somewhere didn't I ?
headlight raised an inch.
 
I hadnt noticed that the exhaust looks shorter ( they made be smaller diameter as well now that I stare at them)or that the mirror stems appear shorter

Don't know that the front brake rotor is different other than the abs ring.. Why do you think it's different? What are my not seeing?

Also you cant see it in those pics, but the top tree appears to be polished
The brake reservoir lids are also polished
The gauge faces are different

Look at the gap between horns and front turn signals? Due entirely to smaller turnsignals?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I hadnt noticed that the exhaust looks shorter ( they made be smaller diameter as well now that I stare at them)or that the mirror stems appear shorter

Don't know that the front brake rotor is different other than the abs ring.. Why do you think it's different? What are my not seeing?

Also you cant see it in those pics, but the top tree appears to be polished
The brake reservoir lids are also polished
The gauge faces are different

Look at the gap between horns and front turn signals? Due entirely to smaller turnsignals?
Actually looks like the didn't move the horns up along with the headlight to me.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I hadnt noticed that the exhaust looks shorter ( they made be smaller diameter as well now that I stare at them)or that the mirror stems appear shorter

Don't know that the front brake rotor is different other than the abs ring.. Why do you think it's different? What are my not seeing?

Also you cant see it in those pics, but the top tree appears to be polished
The brake reservoir lids are also polished
The gauge faces are different

Look at the gap between horns and front turn signals? Due entirely to smaller turnsignals?
My bad on the front brake rotor. I was comparing non-ABS to ABS.

Ferret - have you ordered black rubber end caps for your levers yet? :D
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I hadnt noticed that the exhaust looks shorter ( they made be smaller diameter as well now that I stare at them)or that the mirror stems appear shorter

Don't know that the front brake rotor is different other than the abs ring.. Why do you think it's different? What are my not seeing?

Also you cant see it in those pics, but the top tree appears to be polished
The brake reservoir lids are also polished
The gauge faces are different

Look at the gap between horns and front turn signals? Due entirely to smaller turnsignals?
My bad on the front brake rotor. I was comparing non-ABS to ABS.

Ferret - have you ordered black rubber end caps for your levers yet? :D

Absolutely! The day I made the trade.
obleo_imp said:
No one has said anything about the color change.

True, they are slightly different colrs as well...AND the pinstripes are different.
 
I did the deal on the '14 Deluxe today... trading in my '13. My '13 has the Honda rack on it and they tell me that it will fit the '14. In fact, part of the deal is they will remove the rack from the '13 and install it on the '14. Before they agreed to this...
they appeared to do some research... I hope they're right.
 
Back
Top