New Honda 125

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I was hunting around for information on Roper's question about importing a CB1300 to the USA and stumbled across the new Honda 125 Monkey. I really like the retro look of this bike.

8d82de73455f1d18d950a190314199b3.jpg


Forum member HondaProKevin has more information here ...

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/honda-monkey-125-concept-motorcycle-mini-trail-bike-vintage-retro
 
It does look like fun doesn’t it? That means Honda won’t send it here. No fun for us.
 
Thread starter
Much to my surprise it looks like it is coming to Australia. No sign of a new CB1100 though. Not that I'd buy one until the 20111 has fallen to bits.
 
By 20111 I’ll be fallen to bits...
 
Thread starter
:rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I was hunting around for information on Roper's question about importing a CB1300 to the USA and stumbled across the new Honda 125 Monkey. I really like the retro look of this bike.

7b753dd8b7848d99062869391648ffdd.jpg


Forum member HondaProKevin has more information here ...

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/honda-monkey-125-concept-motorcycle-mini-trail-bike-vintage-retro
Thanks for sharing a link to the blog, much appreciated bud! That was the original post where it was still a concept, here's a detailed breakdown of what the production version will be that was just announced officially yesterday:

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-honda-monkey-125-review-specs-motorcycle
 
It's the same size as a Grom/MSX125 and actually those are quite comfortable for tall people. I ride my Grom all over the place. If they sell these in the US, I will get one.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
I’m holding out for a Postie.
What is a Postie?
What is a Postie?
Remember the old Step-thru 90 with dual range transmission that was sold for a while in the US? Seems Honda kept making them for a few more decades just didn’t send them to the US.
Displacement changed to 110cc’s sometime. I believe, but not positive, that they were used by rural mail carriers in Australia for a number of years and earned a reputation as workhorses. I saw sometime back that Honda is reintroducing the model and I thought one would be a fun to use as a grocery getter. Read a few write ups of folks taking them on long distance rides. My kind of nuts! Do not know if dual range transmission survived the decades.
Small displacement bikes appeal to me for some reason, Grom at 125cc’s is verging on practical and humorous, worth pursuing too.

Found these recently, tried to make them work as saddlebags on another bike but couldn’t.
https://swisslink.com/image/cache/c...british-royal-mail-messenger-bags-350x400.jpg
 
the_undecider_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
I’m holding out for a Postie.
What is a Postie?
What is a Postie?
I think it's the Honda CT110, which Aussies used to deliver packages and referred to as a postie bike. Looks kinda like the Trail 90 my uncle used around the farm.

Edit: 4Paws beat me to it :cool:

 
I'd argue the CT90 and CT110 are the original ADV bike. They're quite popular around here -- bulletproof, very economical, and go for big bucks ($2000+) assuming you can find an owner willing to part with one. They're able to cross relatively deep water with their high-mounted air intake and exhaust. And yes, the dual-range 4-speed automatic (no clutch) gearbox survived all model years.
 
Back
Top