New Hayabusa

Jfro5687_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter


Hi all, in the post today a glossy brochure landed for the new Busa. I wasn’t expecting it. I bought one in 2017 so presume I’m still on a mailing list of some sort? Anyway obviously had a look through. Nice looking bike. (Taken for what it is). Absolutely full of tech now and acronyms to go with it. Launch control, Active speed limiter, slope dependent control system, hill start and on and on and on it goes. It’s a world away from the CB. Not sure it’s gonna do that well. The world has sort of moved on and compared to when it was launched in 99 there’s a lot of very powerful stuff available nowadays to choose from.
 
Unfortunately Suzuki chose not to give it some more ponies to compete with the new horsepower kings available today. People were expecting a cc increase and 200 hp to go along with the 4 grand increase in price. Instead displacement stayed the same and it lost a few horsepower over the last iteration. Lots of new electronics though. Not sure this needs a 6 axis imu.

Iconic roadster imo.
 
Jfro5687_imp said:
Hi all, in the post today a glossy brochure landed for the new Busa. I wasn’t expecting it. I bought one in 2017 so presume I’m still on a mailing list of some sort? Anyway obviously had a look through. Nice looking bike. (Taken for what it is). Absolutely full of tech now and acronyms to go with it. Launch control, Active speed limiter, slope dependent control system, hill start and on and on and on it goes. It’s a world away from the CB. Not sure it’s gonna do that well. The world has sort of moved on and compared to when it was launched in 99 there’s a lot of very powerful stuff available nowadays to choose from.
 
Am I weird for lusting after the Blackbird but never wanting a Hayabusa? (even having a very healthy respect for what it is, and was, even in it's first year.)
 
I wouldn't say that's weird PD, even myself. I admit I flirted with the idea of getting one on several occasions, just for the experience of it, but never been able to find rational argument for it. Even nowadays, I'd still rather get a VFR1200f or a bmw k1200/1300, then a Hayabusa.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
I wouldn't say that's weird PD, even myself. I admit I flirted with the idea of getting one on several occasions, just for the experience of it, but never been able to find rational argument for it. Even nowadays, I'd still rather get a VFR1200f or a bmw k1200/1300, then a Hayabusa.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
I recently rode the VFR1200X. Wow, what an engine!
 
HondaJon_imp said:
The 911 of the motorcycle world. Found this on Youtube. 10 years in development.....



I started to watch the video, thanks.

Years ago in Woodbridge, Ontario I remember at a gas station a Hayabusa did an extreme deceleration into the parking lot. He ensured nobody around missed it. The dude turned off his ignition, kicked the side stand down, and pulled off his helmet. I think the guy was about 75 years-old and rode this beast like he was 25. It was pretty cool.
 
I enjoyed the video and loved at 16:44 where the guy just drops the bike on it's side and then they examine what damage is done lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
I enjoyed the video and loved at 16:44 where the guy just drops the bike on it's side and then they examine what damage is done lol
Ya, I was thinkin' if many other motorcycle manufacturers do that.


(probably not)
 
The ferret_imp said:
I enjoyed the video and loved at 16:44 where the guy just drops the bike on it's side and then they examine what damage is done lol
Lol.... I've done that experiment a few times
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I enjoyed the video and loved at 16:44 where the guy just drops the bike on it's side and then they examine what damage is done lol
Lol.... I've done that experiment a few times
Lol.... I've done that experiment a few times
Yes, me too, at a petrol station with an audience. Not embarrassing at all ! :-/
 
Back
Top