Hi: I am not familiar with "Effex-Easy Fitting Bar." Could you enlighten me as to the manufacturer and the dimensions ( width, rise, pullback?). Thanks.
I don't have the exact measurements. I bought them here:
EFFEX : EZ-FIT BAR [EBF176M] The bars are about 1-3/4" lower, with slightly more pullback (and are slightly less wide).
It sounds like they are similar to the lower handlebars available from Honda as an option in Europe. I liked that they had the correct holes pre-drilled for the throttle and brake. They do not have the holes that the bar ends clip into (I had to do some engineering there).
Sorry I can't be more help. I took a chance and they worked out really well for me.
HI, Bix; Appreciate the quick response. So the holes for the switchgear are pre-drilled. Am I correct in that you had to drill the holes to accomodate the stock Honda bar end weights/retainers so that you could re-use the stock bar-ends? If so, did you notice any difference in vibration from the stock bar set-up? I have used Flanders and Daytona bars on lots of bikes and found them to be superior to the stock units. But Honda is unique in their use of weights/retainers/bar ends than most other bikes. Thanks for the info.
Mike
Yes you have to drill holes for the bar end weights/retainers to reuse the stock bar ends. I've added aftermarket bar-ends with mirrors integrated in them. I managed to use the weights from the original handlebars with them (though it wasn't pretty, it worked and the ugly bits are hidden in the handlebar now). No difference in vibration. It feels great. The mirrors are no-names that I got on ebay, but I quite like them. They don't stick out like the lane splitters.