NEW COMET 1

wow..that didn't take long to start spending some cash on the ride
 
Thread starter
I know right! I've never had any type of fairing before except of course my 03 gold wing and o3 Road King......sorta gave me sticker shock!! LOL
 
Just don't open the thread about the Emgo fairing at this point.
 
Easy Rider wrote: "It seems like 500 bucks is a lot for a small fairing...". I'm with you on that. No doubt the Road Comets are one of the top appearance enhancing accessories that you can purchase for the CB. But, $500 is right on the edge for me considering what I get in return. I know, they're well made and the paint looks exquisite but still. Funny think is I won't bat an eye spending that for a fly rod (and one could make a strong case that in material terms you get less than a Road Comet. Strange what we value) :( . So, with that said I finally stopped at a local auto body paint shop I pass every day to work and had them quote me a price to paint the side covers red with clear coat and the Dart Fly screen the same color with a silver 2 inch white stripe down the middle, also clear coated. $342. approx. 3 days in shop. After I post this I'm looking for the paint numbers and calling them back to tell them the codes. Gal said with the codes they can prob mix the paint on site. Doing this should really tie the bike together on par with what the rug did for the Dude's living room.
 
kennyw_imp said:
Just don't open the thread about the Emgo fairing at this point.

Yeah, double warning not to open the Emgo fairing topics (from a former Road Comet owner)!

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I spent over a year deliberating with myself over which fairing to get. The dart windscreen looks nice but I didn't like the brackets. I finally spent the money and got the road comment. A couple thousand highway kms and some track time later, I'd say it was money well spent.

Cheers!
 
Glackie_imp said:
I spent over a year deliberating with myself over which fairing to get. The dart windscreen looks nice but I didn't like the brackets. I finally spent the money and got the road comment. A couple thousand highway kms and some track time later, I'd say it was money well spent.

Cheers!
All the gear, all the time. Training to build skill. I like that. :clap:
 
Glackie_imp said:
I spent over a year deliberating with myself over which fairing to get. The dart windscreen looks nice but I didn't like the brackets. I finally spent the money and got the road comment. A couple thousand highway kms and some track time later, I'd say it was money well spent.

Cheers!
nice pic!
 
jrns_imp said:
Glackie_imp said:
I spent over a year deliberating with myself over which fairing to get. The dart windscreen looks nice but I didn't like the brackets. I finally spent the money and got the road comment. A couple thousand highway kms and some track time later, I'd say it was money well spent.

Cheers!
nice pic!
nice pic!
My road comet 1 arrived 6/6. Installed it same night. Took about an hour, pretty easy. Quality of the fairing is great, even the hardware looks like something nasa would use on a rocket. Great stuff. Rode with it for the first time today, my initial reaction was that it really did a good job of taking the wind pressure off of the torso, but at a price of greatly increased wind noise. To be expected I guess, moving all that air up and over your chest, it has to go somewhere. I have the larger "touring" screen, air hits me right about throat level. I'm 5"10".
On the bike it's a work of art, takes the bike to a whole new level.
Happy trails.
Crutch in N.W. Arkansas
 
Thread starter
easyriderhatch_imp said:
I ordered the comet 1 last night.......It seems like 500 bucks is a lot for a small fairing....LOL
Well I received the Comet last night from the land of the rising Sun and I will admit after seeing the quality and look of it after installation it was well worth the 500 bucks!!! (and that's a lot ) LOL
 
easyriderhatch_imp said:
I ordered the comet 1 last night.......It seems like 500 bucks is a lot for a small fairing....LOL
Well I received the Comet last night from the land of the rising Sun and I will admit after seeing the quality and look of it after installation it was well worth the 500 bucks!!! (and that's a lot ) LOL
Ditto! :thumbsup:
 
Host it on photobucket and link it.
 
easyriderhatch_imp said:
Glackie_imp said:
Post a pic once you get it mounted.
Every time I try to load a picture it tells me the picture is to large! and I took it with my IPhone!
It's nothing to do with the size of the camera; it's the size of the picture file and iPhones now take pictures of substantial size. As Randy says, use a hosting site and link to it. There's plenty of advice on how in this thread Posting Pics for newbies.
 
Back
Top