New BMW R Nine T Racer

Beautiful, but man those bars are low for an old guy lol. I'd be better off with the new R9T Pure lol
 
Thread starter
To me, the Thrux R is pure unadulterated eye candy. This bike, not so much. You'd think it'd have spokes and polished rims, not black mags. Guess I'm getting old.
 
This color scheme is not something I would chose. The white and that blue just seem to clash. Now, if the stripes were the German national colors it would make it much easier for me to warm up to.
 
I reckon it's great!
 
Reminds me of a cricket for some reason. I like it. Then I don't. Then I look at it again and figure crickets are alright. Tomorrow I'll probably hate it. But then there's next week...
 
A cricket fits perfect ! My son just bought a 2012 Thruxton. I knew they existed, had seen pictures of course, but never really paId close attention. He keeps it in my garage, so I see it constantly, what a great looking bike ! It really grew on me. He loves the ergos vs the T100 or my CB.
 
Django_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I'll keep my 1979 R100S, thank you.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
BMWs are really well balanced. They don't need stands. See pic in post 1 for verification.
 
If they had painted the new R9T in a classic BMW black some some pin striping or say the dark silver with smoked accent (or the orange with deep root beer air brushed accent colors) - oh man that would be serious drool material.

As it is, while nice, cant hold a candle to the Thruxton R.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Django_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I'll keep my 1979 R100S, thank you.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
BMWs are really well balanced. They don't need stands. See pic in post 1 for verification.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
BMWs are really well balanced. They don't need stands. See pic in post 1 for verification.
There's something else tricky going on in that picture. If you click on it and follow the link to the original, you'll see it's called "05_38_2013-10-06_edit_noManHole_noSideStand_750pix.JPG. I didn't know BMWs had a man hole.

Ferret? Help?
 
Probably just used editing tools to remove the centerstand and a man hole cover in the pic.

Btw Tinks bike is what BMW should make the R9T look like IMO.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Probably just used editing tools to remove the centerstand and a man hole cover in the pic.

Btw Tinks bike is what BMW should make the R9T look like IMO.
Caught me, ferret. :worship:

No, this is no Back to the Future anti-gravity no side stand bike. Just some simple editing trickery.
PS
Riding home tonight on my ST1300 a R9T passed me... I WANT ONE!

Oh no! Not ANOTHER bike in the garage... stay tuned.
coliban_imp said:
Same same, coliban.
Django_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I'll keep my 1979 R100S, thank you.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Yes, Django, this is "MY" BMW R100S.
You can read about the build here: http://www.photosbytink.com/bmw/
 
TINK_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Probably just used editing tools to remove the centerstand and a man hole cover in the pic.

Btw Tinks bike is what BMW should make the R9T look like IMO.
Caught me, ferret. :worship:

No, this is no Back to the Future anti-gravity no side stand bike. Just some simple editing trickery.
PS
Riding home tonight on my ST1300 a R9T passed me... I WANT ONE!

Oh no! Not ANOTHER bike in the garage... stay tuned.
coliban_imp said:
Same same, coliban.
Django_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I'll keep my 1979 R100S, thank you.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Is this a picture of your own R100S? I can't see the stand.
Yes, Django, this is "MY" BMW R100S.
You can read about the build here: http://www.photosbytink.com/bmw/
Very good job, that project! :thumbsup: :worship::beerchug:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
To me, the Thrux R is pure unadulterated eye candy. This bike, not so much. You'd think it'd have spokes and polished rims, not black mags. Guess I'm getting old.
Agree that spoked wheels would be a nice touch ... and maybe a more rounded fairing to better compliment the shape of the tank ... and maybe some classical shaped mufflers ... and maybe???. Who am I kidding, I'd take it just the way it is! Very nice.
 
Back
Top