New bike time: NM4 !

furious_blue_imp

Been there
Thread starter


I've been a fan of the NC700 motor.
While it's not a powerhouse and lacks a 'soulful' exhaust note, I admire it for what it is:
A motor purpose designed to run with very good fuel economy and with enough tractable power to easily deal with traffic in the city and on the highways.

I could not bring myself to get an NC700 though because I already have a bike that I like that fulfills the 'run around' role, my CBR250R.

Enter the NM4. The weirdest, craziest looking production thing I've ever seen on 2 wheels. If there was a way that I could get one, I would. Had to be special ordered and it finally arrived this weekend.

Pictures don't really do it justice because depth perception is really required to make sense of it, especially the styling of the front end which looks so goofy in pictures.

The automatic DCT mode will be really handy when navigating congested traffic, a plus that I didn't really consider before getting it.

Where the DN-01 flopped, the NM4 has succeeded (IMHO), I've got to admire their persistence :-)
 
Make sure you read his report in post 8 of that thread. may be some helpful info you can use
 
My dealer's salesmen call it the Bat Bike. It actually looks a lot better in person that in pics.

It would be cool to have one on Halloween and wear a Batman outfit... :)
 
In Australia, Honda sells the NC750. I've ridden one a few times as my dealer lends me the demo one when my CB is being serviced. It's a great motor and it would be a good bike if the majority of my riding was urban or suburban. Goes well and has no ugh grunt to acquit itself well on Australian highways.

I quite like the bat bike too. Different enough to be interesting.

Have fun furious_blue!
 
Thread starter
Thanks all...

After this morning's first commute ride, I know that if I had no motorcycle and wanted one do-all bike, with an emphasis on utility, the NC700/750 would probably be it.. nice motor and auto/manual transmission...

The flower..
yeah, it's a farkle !
my tribute to Jimi Hendrix, have one on every bike. :-)

 
Seems like yesterday. My little girl, my 4#8 oz "little one" turned 40 this past January (now with 2 teenagers of her own)

I miss Jimi. Wonder what he would look like at 70 years old. Would have to look better than Keith Richards lol
 
Just heard on the news tonight Adam West and Burt Ward are coming to Cincy . maybe they will ride in on NM4s lol
 
BestStandard_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
My dealer's salesmen call it the Bat Bike. It actually looks a lot better in person that in pics.

It would be cool to have one on Halloween and wear a Batman outfit... :)
You mean like this...

batbike - Bing
You mean like this...

batbike - Bing
:rofl: Exactly! :clap:
 
When I first saw that bike, I knew what the first (and most obvious) mod should be. One of these on each side bag :

9d875500770adc60997019c37c080b1e.gif
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Seems like yesterday. My little girl, my 4#8 oz "little one" turned 40 this past January (now with 2 teenagers of her own)

I miss Jimi. Wonder what he would look like at 70 years old. Would have to look better than Keith Richards lol
ah, the march of time and 'if only I knew then what I know now'... or is it Bob Seeger's (?) 'I wish didn't know now what I didn't know then' :-)

I started to wonder about Hendrix after you mentioned 'what if...'. I was aware that he was in an Airborne Unit.. wondered if he had multiple facets 'waiting to get out' (maybe like Bob Zimmerman.. err Dylan surprised everyone)...

Then I ran across this (nope, I think what the world saw of Jimi was the 'real deal'...):

Jimi's Private Parts

(last ranked in marksmanship, "individual is unable to conform to military rules and regulations" and other little gems..)
 
Flyn, you're a decent sort of chap, so I'm loathe to be contrary, but I reckon those stickers on the bags are just a bit too obvious. A better and more subtle farkle would surely be the bat decal on the headlight.
 
And people always say Honda doesn't take chances...I love that Honda can try things like the NM4. I'd love to ride one.

Thoughts on the ride vs your cb?
 
Thread starter
jimigalahad_imp said:
And people always say Honda doesn't take chances...I love that Honda can try things like the NM4. I'd love to ride one.

Thoughts on the ride vs your cb?
The ride is sedate and cruiso-liner plush. It's a good thing that there's no cornering clearance because the suspension is too wallowy for any kind of cornering.
The bike makes the CB1100 feel like a supersport..

that said, it's a great commute ride especially with the automatic transmission on. On the highway the low revving engine gives the feeling of calm non-chalance (sp) especially when you lean back and recline into the backrest, feet way forward and have one hand on the throttle and the other resting by your side.. watching the world roll by :-)

Only 2 days and already the bike gets more attention than the CB1100. The difference being that it has great appeal to non-riders.. seriously !

"oh that bike looks sooooo.. cool !"

I also had a repeat of the an experience that another citizen moto-journalist reported. a beat cop accosted me and started reeling off all the features that he thought was great about it..

Honda took a gamble on this one. Judging by the reactions of the 'person on the street', they got it right.

Maybe it actually WILL get some random non-riders to think about motorized 2 wheeled travel: scooter OR motorcycle.
That would be great !

Those lucky suckers in Japan can have their choice of 13 different colors !!

カラーオーダープラン | Honda NM4 公式情報ページ
 
Back
Top