New Bike Day! A great 50 mile ride home from the dealer

Setchman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
There's not much I can say about this bike that everyone here doesn't already know but coming from a Ninja 250 you can imagine just how awesome and exciting the first ride is! It definitely lived up to my expectations. The power, smoothness, comfort, etc. lived up to the hype I had created in my own mind. What a great bike!

The weather was just nice enough to enjoy a leisurely ride home and even my wife decided to take a quick spin with me. She's been apprehensive about my new purchase but after today I think it's just a matter of time before she's a believer.

I know pictures of stock bikes can be anticlimactic but here are a few anyway:



[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5590.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5591.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/1EK_5599.jpg.html]

And of course we can't forget this one...

[url=http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/kruegerhome/media/IMG_1081.jpg.html]

I'm looking forward to many, many miles of awesome riding on this great machine!
 
Beautiful bike. Congrats!

I really like the chrome bar ends and of course, the RLETs are icing on the cake! :)

Edit to add. I'm liking the silver engine more and more every time I see it. I'm keeping my '13, but still...
 
I just noticed. What is that sticker on the chain guard?
 
There is always something very beautiful about a new bike. Congratulations.
 
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful motorcycle. Congrats.
 
Gorgeous pics, i'm so jealous, i'm 10 days out from picking up my DLX, weather permitting. I see that you are in WI, what were the temps like ? I to have a 50+ ride home and I usually don't go out when its under 50F, but I can't wait any longer. Patience Grasshopper....
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I just noticed. What is that sticker on the chain guard?
That's the dealer's sticker. The funny thing is, even with my 20/15 vision (which, BTW, I lost about 10 years back and can't seem to find anymore) and a magnifying glass I can barely make out the lettering. Good thing is it came off almost like it was made out of protective film you pull off of your new phone. Of course now I have to go back and take all my pictures over again since all I see now is that sticker.

In exchange for pulling their sticker off I'll give them a shout-out here, though. I bought it at Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL. It was a great experience. Everyone was very friendly and my salesman (Mike Hamziuk) was very knowledgeable and great to work with.

Chapomis_imp said:
Gorgeous pics, i'm so jealous, i'm 10 days out from picking up my DLX, weather permitting. I see that you are in WI, what were the temps like ? I to have a 50+ ride home and I usually don't go out when its under 50F, but I can't wait any longer. Patience Grasshopper....
The weather is slowly improving here. Yesterday it was in the mid-50s so it was the perfect temp for riding with my "colder" weather gear. I'm good down to about the mid-40s with what I have. Below that, I'll just wait until I can go out and ride snowmobiles.
 
Thought it might be. My dealer likes to put a big sticker on bikes too. But they couldn't find a place on the CB so they left it off. Instead they put on a big ole ugly plastic lic. plate bracket. I took it off. :)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thought it might be. My dealer likes to put a big sticker on bikes too. But they couldn't find a place on the CB so they left it off. Instead they put on a big ole ugly plastic lic. plate bracket. I took it off. :)
Yup, got one of those dealer brackets, too. If they could have they probably would have installed some Vegas-style flashing neon but, all and all, it was a good experience, easy to "clean up".
 
Back
Top