New Beemer

Interesting. Looks like a Honda FB6 but most likely twice the price. I'm sure there's a market, Harley, Honda, and Victory all seem to offer up touring baggers along this line. After reading the comments I don't understand the poser comments beyond that no body is allowed to ride motorcycles unless they kill someone.
Nothing I'd run out and buy at this time but hope it comes out and is successful. Always good to have forward thinking people, not sure BMW needs to play in this market. I have a friend that owns a BMW cruiser, seems like a weird way to increase sales, to me BMW shouts adventure bikes and sport tourers for adults.
 
Thread starter
Gossman... Like our CB forum has a certain personality, MCdaily has it's own personality as well, and it's anti cruiser, anti HD, anti "pirate", anti "poser" (Big ADV bikes take a beating over there too) anti over 500 pounds, anti anything under 125 horsepower, anti anything that isn't high tech, and anti anything not European for the most part. Honda takes a heck of a beating there and the CB 1100 was not very well received because it had a steel frame weighs a whopping 540 pounds and only 88 horsepower.

As long as you understand the crowd it's easy to understand the comments.
 
Well I won't be touring on one. I'll keep my ST. However, that Ducati ST3 That jerrycon posted in the shipping thread is one fine looking machine. IMHO.
 
Looks like the illegitimate offspring of an FB6 and one of those wood-paneled station wagons of the '50s and '60s. And it has an in-line 6, presumably like the CBX' but how those genes got in there defies comprehension.
 
BMW has an inline 6 machine. The K1600 models.
 
Trust you, popgun. You're the sort of bloke who, if he came to a fork in the road, would take it. Just like that.

Sorry we won't see you in the Smoky Mountains.
 
Yeah, sorry I'm not going to be there :(. Sounds like its going to be a LOT of fun.

If I was there, I'd throw a shrimp on the barbi for you :P

(I heard you guys hated that commercial)
 
Well I don't have anything nice to say so I just won't buy it! :)
 
Interesting. It's not to my taste, but it is still interesting to me. My eyes are immediately consumed by the curving, swooping, flowing lines of the bike. Those involved in this project clearly put a lot of effort into this machine as a design exercise. So why then did they stick that boxy, hard-angled exhaust on the bike? Once I noticed it, that's almost all I could see. It just seems so out of place, particularly on this bike.

If it wasn't for the exhaust, then I'd commend them on a well executed design concept — even if I don't personally find it all that appealing.
 
If I were the Harley designer than first penned the Street Glide I'd be flattered that now, not only are the Japanese copying a style that HD created, but now BMW as well !

If BMW had any sense, they put some mirrors in strategic places so that you could plainly see the 6 headers coming out of the front (and they'd better be double wall and chromed, all the better to blind you with !)
 
Don't close the case!!!
 
Back
Top