the Ferret
Road warrior
3 years R4N?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ulvetanna_imp said:I would not go more than three years on OEM battery unless you like to walk.
Actually a little less than 3 years and even less consistent miles. I never seem to get more than 3 years on a battery, be it in a car, boat, or bike on a tender or not. I'm sure it's the heat in Fla that does them in. This bike sits in a storage unit here in Florida and is no longer kept on a tender since I had to move it to a new unit with no power a few months ago. I think they are going to run power to my unit now... we'll see. What does everyone think about strengths of the battery types and brands? A standard sealed unit like what it came from? A gel battery? Thoughts?The ferret_imp said:3 years R4N?
Ordinarily they should go that long, my FZ8 battery is really going strong after 3.5 years but always kept it on the charger when not ridden, or most of the time anyway.The ferret_imp said:Jusr replaced my ST battery after 5 years.
Actually a little less than 3 years and even less consistent miles. I never seem to get more than 3 years on a battery, be it in a car, boat, or bike on a tender or not. I'm sure it's the heat in Fla that does them in. This bike sits in a storage unit here in Florida and is no longer kept on a tender since I had to move it to a new unit with no power a few months ago. I think they are going to run power to my unit now... we'll see. What does everyone think about strengths of the battery types and brands? A standard sealed unit like what it came from? A gel battery? Thoughts? There is not a thing wrong with a high-quality, sealed, lead-acid battery as long as it's not allowed to freeze or become discharged, overcharged, or sulfated. These should go you five years if well-cared for. They are heavy, yes, but most of the time that's not an issue. I still trust Yuasa despite the failure of my CB1100s battery. I did walk, though, but not very far.ride4now_imp said:Actually a little less than 3 years and even less consistent miles. I never seem to get more than 3 years on a battery, be it in a car, boat, or bike on a tender or not. I'm sure it's the heat in Fla that does them in. This bike sits in a storage unit here in Florida and is no longer kept on a tender since I had to move it to a new unit with no power a few months ago. I think they are going to run power to my unit now... we'll see. What does everyone think about strengths of the battery types and brands? A standard sealed unit like what it came from? A gel battery? Thoughts?The ferret_imp said:3 years R4N?
Motogeezer1949' pid='150660' dateline='1475187953 said:Did the small, metallic retainer nut fall out the bottom when you removed the plastic tool case to get at your battery? Mine did. Also, the plastic pin that secures the tool case came apart when I removed it. My VFR800 has about 10 - 12 of these plastic pins and none of them have ever come apart, despite having been removed and installed many times.
Dave_imp said:None of the above but I dropped a nut and it got caught in the chain, and was spit out after being chewed by the countershaft sprocket.Motogeezer1949' pid='150660' dateline='1475187953 said:Did the small, metallic retainer nut fall out the bottom when you removed the plastic tool case to get at your battery? Mine did. Also, the plastic pin that secures the tool case came apart when I removed it. My VFR800 has about 10 - 12 of these plastic pins and none of them have ever come apart, despite having been removed and installed many times.
My back still hurts.The ferret_imp said:You could ask MTC's buddy " Bump Start Mike" how he got his moniker lol