New 2021 HD Sportster reveal 13 Jul via video at dealerships

Frulk_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Harley is revealing their new SportsterS platform via video release at dealership showrooms tomorrow. Based on their ADV bike motor, it’s output is down from 150 HP to around around 120 but with a bump in torque. Bike is expected to weigh right at, or possibly a few under 500 pounds dry.
 
I'm actually looking forward to this one, it has the look most definitely, and if the engine has proper poke it's going to be a winner

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Frulk_imp said:
Harley is revealing their new SportsterS platform via video release at dealership showrooms tomorrow. Based on their ADV bike motor, it’s output is down from 150 HP to around around 120 but with a bump in torque. Bike is expected to weigh right at, or possibly a few under 500 pounds dry.
if they could do that with a short wheel base, rearsets, and under $10k, i would not hesitate to say I'm in the market for a harley.

the Indian FTR1200 is a bike that actually satisfies each of those criteria, but it's just an OK bike. I was less impressed after i rode one. so much so that the price tag just didn't sit right with me. If Harley can finally break their habit of overpricing things, they could have a real winner on their hands. they did it with the ADV bike by beating the BMW competition's price, let's see if they can do it vs indian.

basically, i'm saying i don't see why they cancelled the Bronx.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Harley is revealing their new SportsterS platform via video release at dealership showrooms tomorrow. Based on their ADV bike motor, it’s output is down from 150 HP to around around 120 but with a bump in torque. Bike is expected to weigh right at, or possibly a few under 500 pounds dry.
if they could do that with a short wheel base, rearsets, and under $10k, i would not hesitate to say I'm in the market for a harley.

the Indian FTR1200 is a bike that actually satisfies each of those criteria, but it's just an OK bike. I was less impressed after i rode one. so much so that the price tag just didn't sit right with me. If Harley can finally break their habit of overpricing things, they could have a real winner on their hands. they did it with the ADV bike by beating the BMW competition's price, let's see if they can do it vs indian.

basically, i'm saying i don't see why they cancelled the Bronx.
if they could do that with a short wheel base, rearsets, and under $10k, i would not hesitate to say I'm in the market for a harley.

the Indian FTR1200 is a bike that actually satisfies each of those criteria, but it's just an OK bike. I was less impressed after i rode one. so much so that the price tag just didn't sit right with me. If Harley can finally break their habit of overpricing things, they could have a real winner on their hands. they did it with the ADV bike by beating the BMW competition's price, let's see if they can do it vs indian.

basically, i'm saying i don't see why they cancelled the Bronx.
fff82e9dd9506b2e9550535cf7c4d0af.png
How much is the FTR in the US exactly? Because over there that base model is around 13.5k
I don't think new Sportster has any chance of being sub 10k$, I don't think HD even knows there are numbers with 4 digits, for them 10k equals zero. And they are not gonna sell you anything for zero

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
There it goes 14,999$ for the S model. Good numbers all around 121hp 125Nm 228kg 34° lean angle both sides. Looks very compact, I like it. I'm sure we'll find stuff to complain about later, but for now it seems like they made a good one

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Here it is lots of pics

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/13/2021-hd-sportster-s/#slide-2333264

" Its high-mounted exhaust and forward-mounted controls reinforce its performance ambitions, but H-D will offer a relocation kit for those who want a more relaxed posture."

forward mounted controls reinforce it's performance ambitions.... because all the road racers use them lol
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Harley is revealing their new SportsterS platform via video release at dealership showrooms tomorrow. Based on their ADV bike motor, it’s output is down from 150 HP to around around 120 but with a bump in torque. Bike is expected to weigh right at, or possibly a few under 500 pounds dry.
if they could do that with a short wheel base, rearsets, and under $10k, i would not hesitate to say I'm in the market for a harley.

the Indian FTR1200 is a bike that actually satisfies each of those criteria, but it's just an OK bike. I was less impressed after i rode one. so much so that the price tag just didn't sit right with me. If Harley can finally break their habit of overpricing things, they could have a real winner on their hands. they did it with the ADV bike by beating the BMW competition's price, let's see if they can do it vs indian.

basically, i'm saying i don't see why they cancelled the Bronx.
Wow, hadn't heard of it. Too bad.

19254460617896587c3e0e27aaba43df.png
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here it is lots of pics

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/13/2021-hd-sportster-s/#slide-2333264

" Its high-mounted exhaust and forward-mounted controls reinforce its performance ambitions, but H-D will offer a relocation kit for those who want a more relaxed posture."

forward mounted controls reinforce it's performance ambitions.... because all the road racers use them lol
I take that to mean that they don't have much in the way of performance ambitions...I think they said what they meant to say!

Overall...meh, IDK...I prefer my '04 1200C that I used to have...a real beauty.
 
I don't get the fat front tire look, maybe on an off road bike like a TW200 or a Rokon. Anybody that rides one of these new Sportsters will have a stripe down their back from that rear fender design. I wish they would have gone more retro on the styling. Maybe I'm just too old!
 
Agreed on the styling. It's clearly not going to compete with the Indian FTR market, which seems to have broader appeal than I thought.
 
This Pud actually has some interesting attributes. I like the fact that HD is finally taking some cues from mid-80's Japanese motorcycle techniques like stressed components to complement the frame to save weight.

And this HD can transverse through some water, eh?

Nevertheless, intriguing to review.

 
Stichill_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Harley is revealing their new SportsterS platform via video release at dealership showrooms tomorrow. Based on their ADV bike motor, it’s output is down from 150 HP to around around 120 but with a bump in torque. Bike is expected to weigh right at, or possibly a few under 500 pounds dry.
if they could do that with a short wheel base, rearsets, and under $10k, i would not hesitate to say I'm in the market for a harley.

the Indian FTR1200 is a bike that actually satisfies each of those criteria, but it's just an OK bike. I was less impressed after i rode one. so much so that the price tag just didn't sit right with me. If Harley can finally break their habit of overpricing things, they could have a real winner on their hands. they did it with the ADV bike by beating the BMW competition's price, let's see if they can do it vs indian.

basically, i'm saying i don't see why they cancelled the Bronx.
Wow, hadn't heard of it. Too bad.

19254460617896587c3e0e27aaba43df.png
Wow, hadn't heard of it. Too bad.

989ba5a7c45294b6d868d77604f3aff7.png

Yikes! That guy is about to fall off his Harley!
 
The size of that front tyre won't do it any favours, the CB will feel like a moth dancing round a lightbulb compared to that.
 
Yeah, the fat front tire and a single disc in the front just does not make much sense to me. With that amount of power and torque, I think you would proper stopping power. That, and the "performance" forward controls...

I am sure it will appeal to some, just not me.
 
Henrik_imp said:
Yeah, the fat front tire and a single disc in the front just does not make much sense to me. With that amount of power and torque, I think you would proper stopping power. That, and the "performance" forward controls...

I am sure it will appeal to some, just not me.
I thought the same thing too.

I guess we'll wait and see. Seems so obvious, however I am sure HD mechanical engineers are capable and experienced - you'd think?
 
Back
Top