New 2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin

Lol nope this is new. :rofl:

Looks a little more serious than the Super 10

Cant wait to see one in the flesh, course it will be too tall for my stubby legs
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Lol nope this is new. :rofl:

Looks a little more serious than the Super 10

Cant wait to see one in the flesh, course it will be too tall for my stubby legs
For sure, from what I've been reading, much more off-road oriented than the SuperTen and probably around 150 lbs lighter. I think this one is going to make KTM very nervous.

Have you considered leg grafts? Doctors can do some pretty amazing things these days for the vertically challenged. :D
 
:rofl: wonder if my medicare would cover them. Course then all my pants legs would fit.
 
Uh only when I want to walk without stepping on them. Luckily my suspenders hold them up when I am riding.
 
Since this teaser is on the Honda Canada site it would surprise me if it doesn't come to the states at about the same time. I hope they're also working on a replacement for the ancient XR650L... a CRF650L modern thumper would fit nicely between the 250L and 1000L.
 
I'll need boots with 3" soles.

Met a lady at Daytona Bike Week who worked for Kawasaki. She was all of about 5' 2" and her regular ride was a KL650. Her boots had soles 4" high. Where there's a will there's a way.
 
In order to try to avoid a cross-cultural incident, Down Under, a 'hoot' is a person or incident or thing that makes us laugh. It is kindly meant and not at all unkind.

With that in mind ... Ferret, you're a hoot. Prepared to spend megabucks on multiple versions of every conceivable item of motorcycle kit, you won't outlay the modest amount necessary to keep you from tripping over your jeans?
 
Cormanus, I buy the shortest pants available, generally 29 or 30" inseam. Unfortunately nature blessed me with a true 26" inseam when measured by a tailor. Stubby legged. Nature also saw fit to give me the same German body my father and grandfather had, and we are shaped like light bulbs. Everything below mid line is tapered smaller so it's impossible to keep pants up where they belong without suspenders. Short and round. Double whammy.

Any motorcycle with a seat height over 30" is tough for me to ride comfortably. I have owned bikes with up to 34" seat heights (85 VF 1100 Sabre) but I was always either tippy toed or bouncing from one side to the other. I'm sure this new Africa Twin 1000 would be in or over that range and tough for me to ride.
 
Ferret, you have my sympathy. Mr Levi tells my inseam is 30" (or whatever that is in the hectares we use here these days) and the height of the seat on the CB was a serious issue for me when I was looking to buy one. Wearing boots on a good surface I can almost flat foot it—if that means having both feet flat on the ground—but that is not common. That said, it's an OK height for me and I wouldn't change it for anything.
 
I can't flat foot the CB, and I had the seat on my ST lowered an inch and I can't flat foot that either. I have a body made for a cruiser, but love standards and sport tourers. It's a di- lema I tell you. Lol
 
I want one.

This bike would have been a contender had it been available a few months ago. Cheaper than a GS, but more versatile than a KLR 650. Oh, and its a Honda
 
Most bikes of this ilk may be lowered with little trouble. Installing inexpensive lowering links on Pamela's V-strom and moving the forks up in the triple clamps lowered the bike 20mm making stops less intimidating. I rode my Triumph Tiger 1050 for a year before finally doing the same. An incident on the Blue Ridge Parkway spurred the change. We parked at an overlook and when I mounted the Tiger I was unable to push the bike upright to raise the side stand, a result of parking on a slight incline. Much to the amusement of my wife and some bystanders, a riding buddy, having noted my struggles, dismounted and held my bike upright so the side stand could be lifted. Red-faced I was.
 
redbirds_imp said:
I'll need boots with 3" soles.

Met a lady at Daytona Bike Week who worked for Kawasaki. She was all of about 5' 2" and her regular ride was a KL650. Her boots had soles 4" high. Where there's a will there's a way.
High heeled sneakers
 
veech_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
I'll need boots with 3" soles.

Met a lady at Daytona Bike Week who worked for Kawasaki. She was all of about 5' 2" and her regular ride was a KL650. Her boots had soles 4" high. Where there's a will there's a way.
High heeled sneakers
But they are sooo 1980's.
 
I always thought I needed some of those boots the guys in the rock band KISS wore.
 
Back
Top