New 2014 CB for sale in Clearwater, FL.

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
No... NOT mine. I'm not sure of the rules, but the Honda dealer in Clearwater has a new 2014 STD on the floor for $7999.00. I could post the phone number and other info but I'm afraid I might get whacked... so I won't. Good buy though if anyone's looking. :biker:
 
Excellent price. ride4now, there's no problem with you posting a link to an advertisement for the bike if there is one or in naming the dealer.
 
ride4now_imp said:
$6999 is a great price for a 'new' CB!
I looked at this exact bike today and the first time I've seen a CB1100 in person. What a beautiful bike. I currently have an 82' CB 900F that I purchased new and have been looking at the new CB1100s. Thinking that I wanted a deluxe and being outbid recently on ebay, I have turned my focus on the black 2014 standard. Just need to sure on my decision. Tom
 
All I can say is this is truly a great motorcycle. To think that one can be bought for basically the price of a Honda NC700, or Yamaha FZ-07 or Suzuki SV 650 just blows my mind.
 
One question I have on the black standard I looked at today is it appears to have an small ABS looking wheel near the rear wheel hub. There was no ABS system on the front wheel. Do the 2014 standards have rear ABS brakes? Thanks, Tom
 
The greatest bargain in motorcycles IMO. My brother paid just $7000 for his new 2014, that's $1200 less than we paid for Pamela's V-strom.
tomkat_imp said:
One question I have on the black standard I looked at today is it appears to have an small ABS looking wheel near the rear wheel hub. There was no ABS system on the front wheel. Do the 2014 standards have rear ABS brakes? Thanks, Tom
That is the speedometer pick-up.
 
The sensor ring on the rear is for the speed sensor when drives the speedometer and tells the ECU how fast you are going. ABS bikes have the ring on both wheels. There is no such thing as rear only ABS even if the salesman tells you that. Like a lot of them tried to. :)
 
That is exactly what the salesman said;it was rear ABS. I had a hard time believing him because why would a motorcycle have only rear ABS.
 
Its not. The ring on the back is a speedo calibration ring. Silly salesman.
 
I can't believe they are still doing that. Look on a parts diagram or in the service manual for that bike and you will see that there is no ABS modulator, or hoses or anything needed for ABS. Believe me, we have been through this. And its been discussed on here--3 years ago!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I can't believe they are still doing that. Look on a parts diagram or in the service manual for that bike and you will see that there is no ABS modulator, or hoses or anything needed for ABS. Believe me, we have been through this. And its been discussed on here--3 years ago!
It was a young kid with a Yamaha shirt on.
 
I think they just associate the rings with ABS so if there is one ring, then it must be one wheel ABS.

Or maybe its just one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them. Or not. :)
 
A lot of sales people really don't know bikes, they should have some knowledge of what they are trying to sell you.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
redbirds_imp said:
The greatest bargain in motorcycles IMO. My brother paid just $7000 for his new 2014, that's $1200 less than we paid for Pamela's V-strom.
tomkat_imp said:
One question I have on the black standard I looked at today is it appears to have an small ABS looking wheel near the rear wheel hub. There was no ABS system on the front wheel. Do the 2014 standards have rear ABS brakes? Thanks, Tom
That is the speedometer pick-up.
Was that $7000 + tax and fees, or $7K out the door? I ask because the best I've been able to negotiate so far was $8100 out the door on a new 2014 STD, which included tax and tags here in NC (3% tax).
 
Beemer Guy_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
The greatest bargain in motorcycles IMO. My brother paid just $7000 for his new 2014, that's $1200 less than we paid for Pamela's V-strom.
tomkat_imp said:
One question I have on the black standard I looked at today is it appears to have an small ABS looking wheel near the rear wheel hub. There was no ABS system on the front wheel. Do the 2014 standards have rear ABS brakes? Thanks, Tom
That is the speedometer pick-up.
Was that $7000 + tax and fees, or $7K out the door? I ask because the best I've been able to negotiate so far was $8100 out the door on a new 2014 STD, which included tax and tags here in NC (3% tax).
Was that $7000 + tax and fees, or $7K out the door? I ask because the best I've been able to negotiate so far was $8100 out the door on a new 2014 STD, which included tax and tags here in NC (3% tax).
I paid $6995 plus $130 in fees for my new standard from Holzhauer's in Nashville IL last month. There were several at the same price with in 250 miles of my home on Cycle Trader.
 
regularworkingdad_imp said:
Beemer Guy_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
The greatest bargain in motorcycles IMO. My brother paid just $7000 for his new 2014, that's $1200 less than we paid for Pamela's V-strom.
tomkat_imp said:
One question I have on the black standard I looked at today is it appears to have an small ABS looking wheel near the rear wheel hub. There was no ABS system on the front wheel. Do the 2014 standards have rear ABS brakes? Thanks, Tom
That is the speedometer pick-up.
Was that $7000 + tax and fees, or $7K out the door? I ask because the best I've been able to negotiate so far was $8100 out the door on a new 2014 STD, which included tax and tags here in NC (3% tax).
Was that $7000 + tax and fees, or $7K out the door? I ask because the best I've been able to negotiate so far was $8100 out the door on a new 2014 STD, which included tax and tags here in NC (3% tax).
I paid $6995 plus $130 in fees for my new standard from Holzhauer's in Nashville IL last month. There were several at the same price with in 250 miles of my home on Cycle Trader.
That's awesome! I can't seem to swing that good of a deal around here, so I've just agreed to buy a used one (2013 STD w/2K miles) locally. That should happen next week, when the temps get below 100.
 
Back
Top