the Ferret
Road warrior
I have a high paying job as a Forum Moderator lol
Actually I am an old guy, and I am retired
Actually I am an old guy, and I am retired
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hmm, went to the link to sign and got some sort of error page. :huh:LeopoldJ_imp said:I am a complete newbie when it comes to motorcycles. But, I am an engineer and value a good machine when I see one. I also know a thing or two about lobbying and marketing. This response from Honda does not create a warm and fuzzy feeling in me and I feel we need to do something more actively if we are to see the 2014 model here in the USA. To that effect, I have started a petition at Sign the Petition
If you care seriously for this bike and wish to see it continue to sell here in the USA, please take a minute to go to the site and sign the petition. Once we have a few votes, I will find a way to bring this to Honda's attention.
Please feel free to message me with ideas and suggestions. Thank you.
If this is true, and it's also true that the CB has exceeded sales expectations, I don't see any reason to think the '14 EX won't come here. Note that the Torrance man said the EX is "currently" only a Japanese and European market bike. Means nothing at this point, and until Honda corporate officially confirms or denies it, this is all just rife speculation. I suspect we'll know more by March, but even that is just speculation on my part until Honda makes an announcement, about any, uh, forthcoming announcements. Trying to discern what the inscrutable Japanese intend to do can be fun, but they rarely let their secrets out before they're ready to...EGAlvarez_imp said:I just spoke with a very nice, tight lipped, man at Honda in Torrence. I had inquired about the availability and MSRP of the '14 EX in the US. His response was "the EX is currently only a Japanese and European market bike; therefore no pricing is available. We appreciate your call and this inquiry will be sent to management. If enough interest is shown in NA through these types of calls, it could possibly encourage Honda to bring them stateside. The regular CB has exceeded sales expectations so this may help as well."
I fixed my post.OldF7Guy_imp said:Hmm, went to the link to sign and got some sort of error page. :huh:LeopoldJ_imp said:I am a complete newbie when it comes to motorcycles. But, I am an engineer and value a good machine when I see one. I also know a thing or two about lobbying and marketing. This response from Honda does not create a warm and fuzzy feeling in me and I feel we need to do something more actively if we are to see the 2014 model here in the USA. To that effect, I have started a petition at Sign the Petition
If you care seriously for this bike and wish to see it continue to sell here in the USA, please take a minute to go to the site and sign the petition. Once we have a few votes, I will find a way to bring this to Honda's attention.
Please feel free to message me with ideas and suggestions. Thank you.
:rofl:The ferret_imp said:I have a high paying job as a Forum Moderator lol
Actually I am an old guy, and I am retired
Thank you Houtman. We have 4 signatures right now. Once we have about 20, I will contact Honda.Houtman_imp said:I signed the petition and hopefully Honda will listen,I personally think that they will bring out the 2014 model but want to wait till most 2013 are sold.
With the yen lower in relation to the dollar and our economy continuing to improve it would make sense.
If it were August or September 2013, I would agree. However, if you've been following motorcycles for a couple of years or more, you know that all the manufacturers announce their entire line-up around November. Honda has already done that. The only bike they left a little later was the new Valkyrie, and even that was only a couple of weeks after everything else. The CB1100 is not coming to the U.S. for the 2014 model year. At this point, they would have had to submit specimens for various emissions and safety protocols to make it in time. There's no point in releasing a bike mid-summer, missing half the buying season.Scoobynut_imp said:If this is true, and it's also true that the CB has exceeded sales expectations, I don't see any reason to think the '14 EX won't come here. Note that the Torrance man said the EX is "currently" only a Japanese and European market bike. Means nothing at this point, and until Honda corporate officially confirms or denies it, this is all just rife speculation. I suspect we'll know more by March, but even that is just speculation on my part until Honda makes an announcement, about any, uh, forthcoming announcements. Trying to discern what the inscrutable Japanese intend to do can be fun, but they rarely let their secrets out before they're ready to...EGAlvarez_imp said:I just spoke with a very nice, tight lipped, man at Honda in Torrence. I had inquired about the availability and MSRP of the '14 EX in the US. His response was "the EX is currently only a Japanese and European market bike; therefore no pricing is available. We appreciate your call and this inquiry will be sent to management. If enough interest is shown in NA through these types of calls, it could possibly encourage Honda to bring them stateside. The regular CB has exceeded sales expectations so this may help as well."
I predict they are 2013 models. When I bout my CB1100 ABS, my dealer said they won't be getting another ABS model until after the first of the year. So I suspect there is still a supply of 2013s available to the dealers. Let's hope I'm wrong.The ferret_imp said:Just came from my local dealer, he just ordered 2 CB 1100's. I asked 13 or 14? He assumed 14, I asked regular or EX.. again he did not know about the EX even though I told him about it last time I was in. Then I told him he probably ordered left over 13s. He called Honda and said his rep was going to call him back and he would know by 3 and would text me. We shall see. He probably won't text me, but I am going to a party at his house Saturday night so if nothing else I will trap him then.
I have to disagree with you there, AzBob. I've been waiting for Yamaha to announce what 2014 models of Super Tenere they'll be bringing in -- electronic suspension model/non-ES model, or both -- and it's common knowledge they'll be making the announcement in March. So while they have announced some of the their 2014 lineup, they haven't announced their entire lineup, not to mention there are some pretty credible rumors out there that Yamaha will be releasing 3 or 4 other all-new models in 2014, mostly based on their new triple. I think anyone who is categorically stating that the CB1100 won't be coming to the U.S. for 2014 is no more than guessing, like the rest of us.AzBob_imp said:If it were August or September 2013, I would agree. However, if you've been following motorcycles for a couple of years or more, you know that all the manufacturers announce their entire line-up around November. Honda has already done that. The only bike they left a little later was the new Valkyrie, and even that was only a couple of weeks after everything else. The CB1100 is not coming to the U.S. for the 2014 model year. At this point, they would have had to submit specimens for various emissions and safety protocols to make it in time. There's no point in releasing a bike mid-summer, missing half the buying season.Scoobynut_imp said:If this is true, and it's also true that the CB has exceeded sales expectations, I don't see any reason to think the '14 EX won't come here. Note that the Torrance man said the EX is "currently" only a Japanese and European market bike. Means nothing at this point, and until Honda corporate officially confirms or denies it, this is all just rife speculation. I suspect we'll know more by March, but even that is just speculation on my part until Honda makes an announcement, about any, uh, forthcoming announcements. Trying to discern what the inscrutable Japanese intend to do can be fun, but they rarely let their secrets out before they're ready to...EGAlvarez_imp said:I just spoke with a very nice, tight lipped, man at Honda in Torrence. I had inquired about the availability and MSRP of the '14 EX in the US. His response was "the EX is currently only a Japanese and European market bike; therefore no pricing is available. We appreciate your call and this inquiry will be sent to management. If enough interest is shown in NA through these types of calls, it could possibly encourage Honda to bring them stateside. The regular CB has exceeded sales expectations so this may help as well."



I feel the same way about Harley's,Rboe_imp said:Not yet. Hoping to at least see it this weekend. Years and years ago I developed an irrational dislike of Yamah's so I have no interest in one. It's irrational but with so many other good bikes to pick from it has not stinted my shopping.
My riding buddy from work has sat on one and it fits him fairly well. Seat is narrow so he can stretch to the ground. The seat on the CB is wide for him so while he "could" handle it he's not as thrilled with it. So it's on his "list" as well as a bigger GXR. But he talks a good game but has yet to pull a trigger.![]()
, not a Harley "basher", but I don't care for them. In the '70s, AMF was building Harleys, and they were complete garbage, I know all of that has changed, but I can not get the idea out of my head.