NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

I hope the delay in Honda's announcement of the US model for 2014 is because they are sorting out exactly what the spec will be, and not because they are unsure about bringing the bike to the US at all. Last year the US model had polished engine and black fins while most other countries had neither. Some countries have had different color schemes. Doubtless the Honda marketing people have their reasons for this, but could they please hurry up?

It would be a great shame if Honda decided not to sell the EX in the US. Does anyone know of a grey importer? Is the CB1100 sold in Mexico or Canada? This will be my first new brand new bike in over 20 years. I'd much prefer to buy one from my local dealer than ride one down from Canada and look after it myself.
 
rsp123_imp said:
I hope the delay in Honda's announcement of the US model for 2014 is because they are sorting out exactly what the spec will be, and not because they are unsure about bringing the bike to the US at all. Last year the US model had polished engine and black fins while most other countries had neither. Some countries have had different color schemes. Doubtless the Honda marketing people have their reasons for this, but could they please hurry up?

It would be a great shame if Honda decided not to sell the EX in the US. Does anyone know of a grey importer? Is the CB1100 sold in Mexico or Canada? This will be my first new brand new bike in over 20 years. I'd much prefer to buy one from my local dealer than ride one down from Canada and look after it myself.
I assure you, all of those decisions have already been made. It's a matter of when we (customers) know for sure.
 
AzBob_imp said:
rsp123_imp said:
I hope the delay in Honda's announcement of the US model for 2014 is because they are sorting out exactly what the spec will be, and not because they are unsure about bringing the bike to the US at all. Last year the US model had polished engine and black fins while most other countries had neither. Some countries have had different color schemes. Doubtless the Honda marketing people have their reasons for this, but could they please hurry up?

It would be a great shame if Honda decided not to sell the EX in the US. Does anyone know of a grey importer? Is the CB1100 sold in Mexico or Canada? This will be my first new brand new bike in over 20 years. I'd much prefer to buy one from my local dealer than ride one down from Canada and look after it myself.
I assure you, all of those decisions have already been made. It's a matter of when we (customers) know for sure.
I assure you, all of those decisions have already been made. It's a matter of when we (customers) know for sure.
I'm waiting to see which models (with/without electronic suspension) with what specs. are released for the 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere; official word from Yamaha is that that information won't be released until March of 2014. I suspect Honda is on a similar timeline for the 2014 CB1100.
 
What month did they announce the 2013 CB1100 this year? Seems like I remember it being in March with them showing up in April but some of the 1st owners will know for sure. If so it would make sense that 2014 details might be around that time of year.
 
I picked mine up March 29 th and I believe it was a few weeks before that, maybe mid to late February to that the official announcement came out.
 
Robo_imp said:
What month did they announce the 2013 CB1100 this year? Seems like I remember it being in March with them showing up in April but some of the 1st owners will know for sure. If so it would make sense that 2014 details might be around that time of year.
American Honda announced that the CB1100 was coming to the USA in the first week of November, last year.
 
Really, that early? Wish I could remember.
 
Didn't the Australian market get this same bike in the same color earlier than the US market?

What I see as happening is that there will be "editions" of this bike brought to the US as the remaining supplies dry up and demand is created. No need for Honda to bring more to the states when it seems to me, at least, their is a tiny market for this type bike. Although the counter argument can be had that Triumph, Moto Guzzi, and Ducati are making good go of it in this "Modern Classic" class as Triumph calls it. I see the US skipped for 2014 and it brought back for 2015.:-/
 
The ferret_imp said:
Really, that early? Wish I could remember.
Yep. I started my CB1100 fund in mid-November of last year, just after the announcement. At the time, the only timeline given was "Spring 2013". It wasn't until the bikes had arrived in the U.S. in mid-March that Honda announced general availability.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Really, that early? Wish I could remember.
Yep. I started my CB1100 fund in mid-November of last year, just after the announcement. At the time, the only timeline given was "Spring 2013". It wasn't until the bikes had arrived in the U.S. in mid-March that Honda announced general availability.
Yep. I started my CB1100 fund in mid-November of last year, just after the announcement. At the time, the only timeline given was "Spring 2013". It wasn't until the bikes had arrived in the U.S. in mid-March that Honda announced general availability.
In this Honda is not alone but is a culprit.Take the launch of their
much heralded ALL New Cruiser which was expected to Totally
reinvent the Cruiser market.The launch of the 2001 VTX 1800.
The huge all new V-twin powerplant caused Harley to change
their philosophy with respect to the Cruiser market.The reason the
V-Rod even came out was in direct response to the VTX 1800.
I bought the all new VTX 1800 in Spring of 2001 as a 2002 model.
The launch was late.My Dealer had enough VTX buyers { no down
payment was allowed } waiting and asking like every week.
I'm thinking it was about a month late.Instead of march it wasn't
until April.Which seemed like eternity for guys with bike lust
coursing through their billybob veins.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Really, that early? Wish I could remember.
Yep. I started my CB1100 fund in mid-November of last year, just after the announcement. At the time, the only timeline given was "Spring 2013". It wasn't until the bikes had arrived in the U.S. in mid-March that Honda announced general availability.
Yep. I started my CB1100 fund in mid-November of last year, just after the announcement. At the time, the only timeline given was "Spring 2013". It wasn't until the bikes had arrived in the U.S. in mid-March that Honda announced general availability.
Ahhh...availability must have been what I was remembering. I know that after they became available it took my dealer a long time to get one. I kept stopping in and saying " my bike in yet?" because I was promised their first one.
 
Bummer… I got a feeling we will not see the 2014 in the US…. When I was working with my salesman, he kept saying people thought the price point was to high & that most of his browsers were looking for something in the range of $7-8K. Personally, I did not think the price was too terrible considering the other bikes I was looking at…this was 5K cheaper.
 
I hope Jacoby is wrong... I'd like to see the '14 EX brought here as I think the improvements are significant. But I do agree with him regarding the price. I don't think the $9999.00 is out of line for an 1100 cc standard. Look at Harley's 1200 Sportster... I think it's similar to even a bit higher. And unless one bought theirs right when it first came out, I bet they paid a bit lower than the suggested retail price. I did...
 
I was one of those looking in the $7-8k range. I was determined to spend less than 10k. My CB is my first bike in about 9 years and I did not want to drop a huge chunk of money on a "hobby".

After looking around, I realized that there just is not much out there for less than $10k, nothing that really appeals to me, anyway.

The Harley 1200 Sportster was a consideration, but I think they are overpriced at $11k plus, and the CB is superior in every way,(imho).

I considered the Yamaha FZ-09 at $7995, and was attracted to the performance, but it looks like a motocross bike with a funny headlight.

I soon realized that the CB1100 at $9995 is a lot of bang for the buck, and I decided to spend the extra. You will not, in my opinion, get more bike for the money than the CB.

I am very, very glad I did.
 
Part of the problem with moving into a more mature age group is remembering what things used to cost relative to what they are asking for them today. For example I paid $4.50 for a ticket to see the Beatles when they came to Cincinnati in the mid 60's. The other night I paid $80 to see Joe Bonomassa ( guitarist). I paid just under $ 2000 for a new 1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 which compares favorably with the CB1100 in size, weight, displacement and power for which I paid just under $ 10,000. Approximately 5 times more. I remember paying 25 cents for a gallon of gas and $2.00 for a pair of Levi's. Compared to the bike shouldn't they now be $1.25 a gallon and $10 a pair respectively? Lol

My wife likes to remind me I am not my father, who used to complain about prices ( when he was my current age). Things just cost more these days. Looking at offerings from all the other manufacturers and how they are priced, the CB is actually priced more than competitively, a bargain even. IMO
 
Last year I paid $800 for a ticket to see the Rolling Stones in Newark,driving all the way from Western NC .
Worth every cent,mile and minute!!!
Many times in life we do not want to pay for our needs but do not mind paying for our wants
 
Back
Top