NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

Buffalohead_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Ya, non-matching side covers is not working for me.
I gotta say I'm with you on this. I would bet if Honda took a poll, the matching side covers would win by a large margin. Yeah, I don't get it.
I gotta say I'm with you on this. I would bet if Honda took a poll, the matching side covers would win by a large margin. Yeah, I don't get it.
Side covers need to be what are on the 2013.They are perfect.
I know there's an almost irresistible urge to tinker and change
and act like Modding a bike is just what the doctor ordered.
Like when I showed my Harley buddy the bike he went Gaa gaa.
He liked it immediately.But then just as quickly inisisted that the
tail light unit had to go.That Metrics used that same taillight
over and over again and it Must Go.He acted like he was gonna go
in his garage and get some tools to take it off,immediately.
That rather big clunky rear taiilight doesn't bug me.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
Some nice detail photos from this Italian website:

Honda CB1100EX e CB1100 MY 2014

Has anyone commented on whether the spoke wheels are tubeless or not?

At first I thought, wow, cool, spoke wheels! Then I remembered what it's like to clean them...
Yep, cleaning spoked wheels is quite a chore, also, keeping them tight eventually becomes a headache.

I prefer my mags. 2014 looks great though.
Scoobynut_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I must be one of the only ones that actually likes the non matching side panels. I likt the darker grey on the blue bike more than the light colored grey.
I'm with you on this, and I like the dark gray covers better than the silver ones too, they're perfect really as I think black side covers would 'disappear' too easily.
I'm with you on this, and I like the dark gray covers better than the silver ones too, they're perfect really as I think black side covers would 'disappear' too easily.
I like them as they are, but I also like the matching ones. The red/silver color scheme reminds me of the old CBX, which was also an awesome looking bike.
The gun metal look is not doing if for me. Would prefer glossy. Don't care for those "white" blinkers either. I am biased though, I love my 2013 CB11.

The new instrument panel is the only change that I would really just LOVE to have. Other than that, I'm happy, happy.
Guth_imp said:
It's all such a personal thing. I also dig the white with the black engine and wheels. Kind of reminds me of Honda's old F1 cars of the 60's. Adding a little red highlighting somewhere (tank stripes?) would look really cool on that bike to me. The white with the silver engine and wheels just doesn't have enough contrast for me. It's obvious that many here prefer black and while it's not my thing, I can understand the attraction. Black with a silver engine looks better to me than the black on black combo. Many of the colors that Honda used on their bikes back in the early 70's would also look really good on this bike.

I feel really fortunate that Honda brought exactly the color combination and design I was hoping for here to the States to begin with.
Amen, the more I think about mods, the less likely I am going to do much. I like the bike more and more every day just the way it is. :D
Gingersdaddy_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
The only feature on the EX that interests me is the double walled header pipes. I don't like spoked wheels and my gas tank is bigger than my urine tank. I guess 6 speeds would be nice, but I'm used to the 5 speed by now. And I love the red color.

Guess I'll be keeping my limited-edition, one-year only 2013.
I'm with you Spaceman, I like my 2013. The duel exhaust is nice, but I'll keep my 2013.
I'm with you Spaceman, I like my 2013. The duel exhaust is nice, but I'll keep my 2013.
Me too! The new instrument panel would be nice, but not essential, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.
 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Some nice detail photos from this Italian website:

Honda CB1100EX e CB1100 MY 2014

Has anyone commented on whether the spoke wheels are tubeless or not?

At first I thought, wow, cool, spoke wheels! Then I remembered what it's like to clean them...
Yep, cleaning spoked wheels is quite a chore, also, keeping them tight eventually becomes a headache.

I prefer my mags. 2014 looks great though.
Scoobynut_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I must be one of the only ones that actually likes the non matching side panels. I likt the darker grey on the blue bike more than the light colored grey.
I'm with you on this, and I like the dark gray covers better than the silver ones too, they're perfect really as I think black side covers would 'disappear' too easily.
I'm with you on this, and I like the dark gray covers better than the silver ones too, they're perfect really as I think black side covers would 'disappear' too easily.
I like them as they are, but I also like the matching ones. The red/silver color scheme reminds me of the old CBX, which was also an awesome looking bike.
The gun metal look is not doing if for me. Would prefer glossy. Don't care for those "white" blinkers either. I am biased though, I love my 2013 CB11.

The new instrument panel is the only change that I would really just LOVE to have. Other than that, I'm happy, happy.
Guth_imp said:
It's all such a personal thing. I also dig the white with the black engine and wheels. Kind of reminds me of Honda's old F1 cars of the 60's. Adding a little red highlighting somewhere (tank stripes?) would look really cool on that bike to me. The white with the silver engine and wheels just doesn't have enough contrast for me. It's obvious that many here prefer black and while it's not my thing, I can understand the attraction. Black with a silver engine looks better to me than the black on black combo. Many of the colors that Honda used on their bikes back in the early 70's would also look really good on this bike.

I feel really fortunate that Honda brought exactly the color combination and design I was hoping for here to the States to begin with.
Amen, the more I think about mods, the less likely I am going to do much. I like the bike more and more every day just the way it is. :D
Gingersdaddy_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
The only feature on the EX that interests me is the double walled header pipes. I don't like spoked wheels and my gas tank is bigger than my urine tank. I guess 6 speeds would be nice, but I'm used to the 5 speed by now. And I love the red color.

Guess I'll be keeping my limited-edition, one-year only 2013.
I'm with you Spaceman, I like my 2013. The duel exhaust is nice, but I'll keep my 2013.
I'm with you Spaceman, I like my 2013. The duel exhaust is nice, but I'll keep my 2013.
Me too! The new instrument panel would be nice, but not essential, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.
:thumbsup:
 
steed_boy_imp said:

steed_boy,

thanks for the great pictures!
 
Love my ersatz Comstar wheels. Hated the spoked wheels on my Shadow. But with a chain, that made it worse, with a shaft drive its not near as bad to clean. Oh and it had a rear drum. Not missing it. Love my CB100.
 
I asked Takashi about th grey bike, He doesnt think that will a production scheme. I would be all over that one. I like the blacked out look and nor chrome!
 
The best drive is Belt No grease no snatch like with some directs and it's also clean looking. My opinion again so no need to get bent if you don't agree.
 
All drive systems have their plusses and minuses. Whether it be efficiency, weight, cost, ability to alter, maintenance, durability, cleanliness or purpose.
 
Ok a couple points after looking at and reading that report. (1) looking close at the wheel picture picture, it appears to me those are tube type rims. Not much of an issue for me, my Bonneville had tube type rims. Not as convenient as tubeless, but not a deal breaker. (2) reporter estimate a 400 rpm drop at 70 mph in 6 th over 5 th. In my experience, a 1 tooth larger counter shaft sprocket or 3 tooth smaller rear sprocket will also drop revs about 400 rpms at a given speed. Spaceman has already laid the ground work for this modification to our current bikes

SuperSprox

SuperSprox Installed

(3) the reporter said the 14 ex seat is thicker and softer. It appears to be the same seat to me with a different cover. The foam could be different, but the shape is the same. Looking back and forth and the std and ex pics, the seat looks the same size and shape to me. Time will tell.

Edit note* the specs show the seat height to be 20 mm (25/32 inch) higher for the 14 ex so the seat must indeed be thicker.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Capo - thanks for the heads up. I try to check out Takashi's FB page frequently I couldn't resist stealing a couple of his many great pictures from the Tokyo 2014 show to post here. Some incredible bikes!

HONDA! BRING THE EX TO THE US!

f1491cb27ac60e4c7a89061a2ff34be7.jpg


9ba97991c2a1071ee9f073ce7dfb36a2.jpg


7709f1e16f34d2e2c1404305c9f629d1.jpg


38f0c774108d33cb777767ce8c59d333.jpg
I wonder why automobile or motorcycle makers always use attractive female to pose with their products, thus deflect the attention somewhere else.

this is also happen in Brit auto / bike magazines, too many models and it's harder to keep attention focused
 
Draws customers to the both. Only thing men like even better than motorcycles is hot chicks
 
And apparently fried chicken lol


Oh I get it..hot chicks..fried chicken ..doh! :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
And apparently fried chicken lol


Oh I get it..hot chicks..fried chicken ..doh! :rofl:
what he means is the bike is hot enough to turn a model to a fried chick, thus divert attention to the main subject ... -:) I am just too mean
 
Back to that link from the Italian site. Beautiful photos, and I note that the tires on the spoked wheels are clearly marked TUBE Type. I'd have bet against that. Not a big issue for me, but somewhat surprising.
 
Hopefully the 2014 will come with a tubeless rim to the USA (I can not see Honda going back to tubes on this bike).
If however it does come with a tube tire than perhaps the 2013 rims will fit and I will put silver rims on the 2014.
I do not dislike the spoked rims but do like tubeless,when having a puncture they do not loose pressure that quickly and stay more square
on the rim ,therefor better control in case of a flat.
This is if using a radial tubeless tire.
 
Back
Top