NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

For some reason the spoke wheels look really good on the red one that Tink posted. Those red side covers just set the whole bike off to me. Gorgeous.
 
Thread starter
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
I wonder if Honda took a page out of the Triumph book. Triumph was smart to offer their classic line in a number of flavors, Bonneville, T100, Thurxton, and Scrambler. I liken the new 2014 CB1100 lineup to the stock Bonneville vs the more traditional classic T100 model. I love the tank on the 2013 and earlier CB1100 models and the almost candy like red is a real bonus in my opinion. I fell in love with the styling of the current CB1100 but there are a few bits and pieces on the new 2014 EX I would love to have i.e. seat, dual exhaust, and 6spd.
Maybe I am wrong, but all the pictures I saw from the new CB 1100 EX seem to have a different red painting compared to the old CB 1100 2013, right? Or is just the color management of my browser too awful? :)
Robo_imp said:
Here is another angle of the seat.
where?
 
ingobohn_imp said:
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
I wonder if Honda took a page out of the Triumph book. Triumph was smart to offer their classic line in a number of flavors, Bonneville, T100, Thurxton, and Scrambler. I liken the new 2014 CB1100 lineup to the stock Bonneville vs the more traditional classic T100 model. I love the tank on the 2013 and earlier CB1100 models and the almost candy like red is a real bonus in my opinion. I fell in love with the styling of the current CB1100 but there are a few bits and pieces on the new 2014 EX I would love to have i.e. seat, dual exhaust, and 6spd.
Maybe I am wrong, but all the pictures I saw from the new CB 1100 EX seem to have a different red painting compared to the old CB 1100 2013, right? Or is just the color management of my browser too awful? :)
Robo_imp said:
Here is another angle of the seat.
where?
Maybe I am wrong, but all the pictures I saw from the new CB 1100 EX seem to have a different red painting compared to the old CB 1100 2013, right? Or is just the color management of my browser too awful? :)
Robo_imp said:
Here is another angle of the seat.
where? Sorry Pic was too large ....It is in the post now.
Here is an interesting pic! I zoomed in on a rear tire pic of the EX and right on the Tire it says Tube Type! I am currently riding on spokes and tubes so it doesn't bother me all that much but I'm sure some others would want to know!!
Here is the original pic I zoomed in on......Am I now a Detective???lol
 
those wheels are different from the black bike with black wheels. The Black wheels have a bump or hump at the termination point of the spokes and rim. Guess we will still have to wait and see what comes our way.....
 
Thread starter
Yes, really strange. The spoke wheels on Robo's pics are different from that what I have seen so far about the CB 1100 EX. I have seen only pics so far with high shoulder rims which enable usage of tubeless tires. But maybe the EX is shipped with different rims...?
 
Samurider posted a bunch of photos of the '14 variants of the CB11 on his Facebook page, from the Tokyo MC show. Worth a look if you're on FB, a pretty cool matte green one in particular.
 
Capo - thanks for the heads up. I try to check out Takashi's FB page frequently I couldn't resist stealing a couple of his many great pictures from the Tokyo 2014 show to post here. Some incredible bikes!

HONDA! BRING THE EX TO THE US!

f1491cb27ac60e4c7a89061a2ff34be7.jpg


9ba97991c2a1071ee9f073ce7dfb36a2.jpg


7709f1e16f34d2e2c1404305c9f629d1.jpg


38f0c774108d33cb777767ce8c59d333.jpg
 
OHHHHHHHH........I WANT THAT TANK!!!!!

e6e3d2beef812248dd7bb067b18c3cf7.jpg
 
I must be one of the only ones that actually likes the non matching side panels. I likt the darker grey on the blue bike more than the light colored grey.
 
Seeing the redesigned side covers has me thinking about the evolution of these bikes. Looks like we are seeing an accelerated path of "improvement". Mechanically the list of things addressed is like a member of our forums is a spy for Honda. Looking at how the bikes of yore morphed into the sport bikes and plastic clad monstrosities of today, I hope they keep things looking less, lined up. The more they tighten the design, the less one can do to change it. Don't be too rigid, I guess. Some of the new Hondas look too horizontal for my tastes, and that matte gray one has me seeing a CTX700N...
 
Id love to have matching red side covers..if they were about $100 less I'd be really tempted.
 
The Cb1100 to me is a work of art with just enough quirks to make it interesting. Fuel tank a little too small? 18 inch rims restrict tyre choice? 5 speed 'box make highway work a bit more vibey? Yes, but the bike is stunning to look at and because it's Honda's flagship bike it was designed with passion. It is a flawed creature but you enjoy it just the same, even more so because of the little faults...trying to fix all the faults to make it acceptable to the majority somehow makes it lose its 'specialness' in my eyes.
 
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I must be one of the only ones that actually likes the non matching side panels. I likt the darker grey on the blue bike more than the light colored grey.
I'm with you on this, and I like the dark gray covers better than the silver ones too, they're perfect really as I think black side covers would 'disappear' too easily.
 
Back
Top