NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

Supercruze..i think the seat is the same, but the cover is patterned to resemble early 70 s bikes. Maybe the seat covers will be available separately.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
The only feature on the EX that interests me is the double walled header pipes. I don't like spoked wheels and my gas tank is bigger than my urine tank. I guess 6 speeds would be nice, but I'm used to the 5 speed by now. And I love the red color.

Guess I'll be keeping my limited-edition, one-year only 2013.

double pipes is very nice, so is six speeds. They don't say about HP, an increase of 20% is stellar to take advantage of 6 speed, unlikely.

I don't like spokes, it is hard work to keep it clean
 
http://motos.coches.net/noticias/honda/cb/1100_ex/
Technically the most prominent change in mechanics is the new gearbox six-speed , keeping the crankcase already inherited the CB1300 in the current series. No increase in performance while maintaining the same rate of change in its five speeds, the sixth is intended to allow more relaxed cruise at speed and therefore lower fuel consumption. And besides posts and talk about this issue , the new EX CB1100 brings different fuel tank. If the CB1100 remains the current 14.6 liters, the EX increases reaching 17.5 l 2.9 liters . Following the importance of consumption , Honda extends information watches classic cut consumption indicator , gear position and autonomy , accompanying the time clock and fuel level .
The weights have also been variation from classical , reaching 260kg Kerb compared to 247Kg of bringing more aluminum : the CB1100 so far announced 248Kg .

Keeping well hidden electronic fuel injection system PGM- FI flaunting the brand , this new CB also receives intermittent and repositioning clocks are higher. Cover better in aerodynamic terms , but you may also come with new straighter position on the handlebar and even more comfortable if possible.
In addition to the wide range of accessories that I had , is extended with some extra more to enhance the personality of both styles , although the two only contribute EX Series center stand and seat upholstered in its classic cut . The colors are red and white with silver panels and completely black for EX CB1100 , CB1100 whereas only be in black . Finally comment that equip both CBS and ABS as standard.
 
Thread starter
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Okay, so there are a couple of vids out on Youtube for the 2014 CB1100 EX. I love the dual exhaust, seat, and the addition of 6 sp and the gear indicator. In my opinion, the tank looks a little bulbous and I am not a fan of the spoked wheels or the new side covers. It is an attractive package but the bike almost looks like Honda is trying too hard to make the bike resemble a 70s CB750. Maybe that is the purpose.

Wonder if the dual exhaust and seat would fit the 2013. May have to think about those down the road. Overall, a nice bike with some nice upgrades. Owners will be proud to own this bike and Honda did a nice job and listened to their customers.
full ACK - and that's the reason whey the whole EX package does not fit well for me. But still some parts of the package are interesting (e.g. tank, 6speed, ...)

Quote:Wonder if the dual exhaust and seat would fit the 2013. The seat would be nice, the exhaust might make it more difficult to maintain the chain.

Quote:and Honda did a nice job and listened to their customers. For me, that's really the best part of the story. Which vendor is doing so today, too?
keito_imp said:
http://motos.coches.net/noticias/honda/cb/1100_ex/
Technically the most prominent change in mechanics is the new gearbox six-speed , keeping the crankcase already inherited the CB1300 in the current series. No increase in performance while maintaining the same rate of change in its five speeds, the sixth is intended to allow more relaxed cruise at speed and therefore lower fuel consumption. And besides posts and talk about this issue , the new EX CB1100 brings different fuel tank. If the CB1100 remains the current 14.6 liters, the EX increases reaching 17.5 l 2.9 liters . Following the importance of consumption , Honda extends information watches classic cut consumption indicator , gear position and autonomy , accompanying the time clock and fuel level .
The weights have also been variation from classical , reaching 260kg Kerb compared to 247Kg of bringing more aluminum : the CB1100 so far announced 248Kg .

Keeping well hidden electronic fuel injection system PGM- FI flaunting the brand , this new CB also receives intermittent and repositioning clocks are higher. Cover better in aerodynamic terms , but you may also come with new straighter position on the handlebar and even more comfortable if possible.
In addition to the wide range of accessories that I had , is extended with some extra more to enhance the personality of both styles , although the two only contribute EX Series center stand and seat upholstered in its classic cut . The colors are red and white with silver panels and completely black for EX CB1100 , CB1100 whereas only be in black . Finally comment that equip both CBS and ABS as standard.
So they also changed the handle bar of the CB 1100 EX? Didn't know that so far. :sleepy:
Scoobynut_imp said:
Some nice detail photos from this Italian website:

Honda CB1100EX e CB1100 MY 2014

Has anyone commented on whether the spoke wheels are tubeless or not?

At first I thought, wow, cool, spoke wheels! Then I remembered what it's like to clean them...
Does anyone of you know which kind of helmet (brand) the driver is wearing on this and [url=http://media.motorbox.com/data/contenuti/0000048448/img/984x554/honda-cb1100ex-e-cb1100-my-2014-eaadd437dee81cd322b698d00ab6e3b4.jpg#gallery]this pic?
I do not know the logo on front of the helmet, but the helmet looks pretty nice.
 
Not a fan of the squared off side covers, gas tank that looks too big for the rest of the bike, or the wire wheels. To me, they "uglified" a beautiful bike in an attempt to make it more like the original.

BUT, I love the idea of a six speed, and a gear indicator. If you get the "standard" cb1100 for 2014 do you get the six speed? There is a you tube that shows the 2014 cb 1100 vs the original cb 750 and it looks very similair to the 13 model.
 
Thread starter
According to the informations I read so far, it depends on the country whether CB 1100 2014 and CB 1100 EX are offered in parallel or the CB 1100 EX solely. For example, in Germany and UK only the EX will be available (CB 1100 2013 models will be sold off if dealers have some left). So the EX is a replacement here not an addition or "premium CB11".
 
I like the tank on the original CB1100 better. I really love the seat on the EX.
The wheels don't bother me that much one way or the other but I would go for the original wheels and not the spokes given a choice. I do like the color matched side covers but I prefer the shape of the original better I think. I really love the dual exhaust and its supposed to be tuned for a better sound so I would really like to hear it. The 6th gear overdrive is something I personally would want for sure. I also like the instrumentation upgrade. Double wall pipes look real nice but I kinda like the coloration that you see on the original so it doesn't matter that much to me..... The truth is that neither the original CB1100 or the CB1100EX is absolutely perfect to me personally but I would be proud to own either one!!!! A lot of what I mentioned earlier can be changed with aftermarket parts. If they bring either one of these to the states next year I am buying one!!! If they bring both I'll have fun trying to figure out which one I want the most!:thumbsup:
 
Robo_imp said:
I like the tank on the original CB1100 better. I really love the seat on the EX.
The wheels don't bother me that much one way or the other but I would go for the original wheels and not the spokes given a choice. I do like the color matched side covers but I prefer the shape of the original better I think. I really love the dual exhaust and its supposed to be tuned for a better sound so I would really like to hear it. The 6th gear overdrive is something I personally would want for sure. I also like the instrumentation upgrade. Double wall pipes look real nice but I kinda like the coloration that you see on the original so it doesn't matter that much to me..... The truth is that neither the original CB1100 or the CB1100EX is absolutely perfect to me personally but I would be proud to own either one!!!! A lot of what I mentioned earlier can be changed with aftermarket parts. If they bring either one of these to the states next year I am buying one!!! If they bring both I'll have fun trying to figure out which one I want the most!:thumbsup:
Without a doubt the CB 1100 TANK was the biggest attraction to me.
When I saw it up close at a new Honda dealership I fell in Love.
I steadfastly believe that the CB 1100 tank is w/o question the
finest and most beautiful motorcycle tank I ever layed me eyes on.
Plus Honda did a marvelous job painting it.It glosses.It has an
almost magical thick gloss to the finish.Like it isn't even paint.
 
I'm with many of you. For me, the look of the 2013 CB1100 in red just nails it given my preferences. But for every person out there like me, chances are there is someone else who would prefer either the blacked out version or the EX version. Good move on Honda's part. I just hope that they'll bring either one, or both, to the States. I'm still trying to figure out where the Blue 2014 CB1100s bound for Canada as mentioned by Dale figure into the overall mix. Interesting times here on the CB1100 forum. :huh:
 
Guth_imp said:
I'm with many of you. For me, the look of the 2013 CB1100 in red just nails it given my preferences. But for every person out there like me, chances are there is someone else who would prefer either the blacked out version or the EX version. Good move on Honda's part. I just hope that they'll bring either one, or both, to the States. I'm still trying to figure out where the Blue 2014 CB1100s bound for Canada as mentioned by Dale figure into the overall mix. Interesting times here on the CB1100 forum. :huh:
I really wanted White.For some strange reason I always hated white.
My mom had a couple cars that were white and I always felt White is like the cheapest color offered on any car lot.
However I also always liked white BMW's.But only creamy white that
had luster.The CB red has great luster.
Maybe by white I mean more cream white.Thick white with luster.
 
It's all such a personal thing. I also dig the white with the black engine and wheels. Kind of reminds me of Honda's old F1 cars of the 60's. Adding a little red highlighting somewhere (tank stripes?) would look really cool on that bike to me. The white with the silver engine and wheels just doesn't have enough contrast for me. It's obvious that many here prefer black and while it's not my thing, I can understand the attraction. Black with a silver engine looks better to me than the black on black combo. Many of the colors that Honda used on their bikes back in the early 70's would also look really good on this bike.

I feel really fortunate that Honda brought exactly the color combination and design I was hoping for here to the States to begin with.
 
It really is personal preference. For me after really thinking it over I like the looks of the smaller tank and mag wheels but like the idea of a 6 speed and dual exhaust. Gear indicator does not mean much to me either way. Truth be told, I bet I would be tickled pink just to have a CB period. Oh, I really like the black engine but that just me.
 
Guth_imp said:
It's all such a personal thing. I also dig the white with the black engine and wheels. Kind of reminds me of Honda's old F1 cars of the 60's. Adding a little red highlighting somewhere (tank stripes?) would look really cool on that bike to me. The white with the silver engine and wheels just doesn't have enough contrast for me. It's obvious that many here prefer black and while it's not my thing, I can understand the attraction. Black with a silver engine looks better to me than the black on black combo. Many of the colors that Honda used on their bikes back in the early 70's would also look really good on this bike.

I feel really fortunate that Honda brought exactly the color combination and design I was hoping for here to the States to begin with.
Again Honda acts in strange ways.Not to say Wiley G of Harley
doesn't.he obsessed over the rake of the new TC 88 line introduced
in early 2000.
Why Honda didn't also offer White like the European and Japanese market is beyond me.I hope Honda doesn't act weird when it comes
to accessories.If Honda has an Achilles' heel it is this.If there is
a problem with a model,Honda handles it this way.They first deny it then doubt it and then takes their sweet time in addressing it.
Meaning Honda of Japan acts political whenever a model glitch
surfaces.Kinda like the way TEPCO or the Japan nuclear power
plant { Fukushima } went nuclear.They lied,then distorted reality.
Other than that character flaw the Japanese are great engineers and
have a great work ethic.And the finest of products like Honda cars
and motorcycles.
OldF7Guy_imp said:
It really is personal preference. For me after really thinking it over I like the looks of the smaller tank and mag wheels but like the idea of a 6 speed and dual exhaust. Gear indicator does not mean much to me either way. Truth be told, I bet I would be tickled pink just to have a CB period. Oh, I really like the black engine but that just me.
What's all this hubbub over gear indicator.I wonder what Jay leno
would think.I think it silly.Absolutely no need.However on my Rune
when the bike is in 5th gear { has no 6th gear } the shifter goes
into neutral mode or is free.meaning it isn't tight.
That way I know when I'm in top gear.
Leno just did a Chevy z/28 YouTube and admitted he likes the fact
the new model Camaro will only be offered as a manual.No
automatics.You have to shift manually.I like that as well.I can't
imagine,having grown up with an MGB in our garage that it could
be made into an automatic.A sports car need to have a manual
transmission.
A motorcycle should not need any gear indicator.A motorcyclist should learn to develop a sense of what gear by RPM's and seat of the
pants.I mean,Like Jay Leno had to learn how to stop a Jet engine
motorcycle.Which has only 2 speeds.Accelerating and sonic.
 
I wonder if Honda took a page out of the Triumph book. Triumph was smart to offer their classic line in a number of flavors, Bonneville, T100, Thurxton, and Scrambler. I liken the new 2014 CB1100 lineup to the stock Bonneville vs the more traditional classic T100 model. I love the tank on the 2013 and earlier CB1100 models and the almost candy like red is a real bonus in my opinion. I fell in love with the styling of the current CB1100 but there are a few bits and pieces on the new 2014 EX I would love to have i.e. seat, dual exhaust, and 6spd.
 
I stole this piture from Tink on the other 2014 CB1100 thread because this bike is so nice that it deserves a place on this thread too. Enjoy!

41e3ec66f3fc47f98bc67ea490006610.jpg
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I stole this piture from Tink on the other 2014 CB1100 thread because this bike is so nice that it deserves a place on this thread too. Enjoy!

41e3ec66f3fc47f98bc67ea490006610.jpg
I got to have this seat - The CB1100 is the most beautiful bike of new century, it is easy to ride
 
Back
Top